    Can the Canon 20D take advantage of Lexar's Write Acceleration (WA)
    technology?

    TIA---
    Stealth, Apr 11, 2005

  2. David J. Littleboy, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Stealth

    dylan Guest

    news:d3d0p7$fdo$...

    > "Stealth" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Can the Canon 20D take advantage of Lexar's Write Acceleration (WA)
    >> technology?

    > http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7303
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    What happened between the 10D and 20D to dramatically increase the speeds
    from 1.x to 5.x MB/s ??
    dylan, Apr 11, 2005
  4. "dylan" <> wrote:
    > "David J. Littleboy" <> wrote:
    > > "Stealth" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can the Canon 20D take advantage of Lexar's Write Acceleration (WA)
    > >> technology?

    > > http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7303
    > >

    > What happened between the 10D and 20D to dramatically increase the speeds
    > from 1.x to 5.x MB/s ??

    The same thing that happened between the 300D and the 350D...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Stealth

    Stealth Guest

    Which is?????

    Stealth, Apr 11, 2005
  6. They switched from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0

    Rick \(Saga 35\), Apr 11, 2005
  7. "Rick (Saga 35)" <> wrote:

    > They switched from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0

    I doubt USB has anything to do with internal write speeds. They switched
    from the older chip (DIGIC I) to a newer faster chip (DIGIC II), which
    presumably also provides the USB 2.0 support.

    We can thank Nikon for this, though: without the instant-on of the D70, who
    knows if Canon would have put in the effort to speed things up.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Apr 12, 2005