    pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
    This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
    Your suggestions will be appreciated.

    Geoffrey Ungar, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Geoffrey Ungar wrote:
    > I just traded up from my 10D to a 20D. I erased my old software and
    > installed the new disc. Only then did I find out that Zoombrowser was not
    > included eith my new camera and the software supplied does not
    > automatically
    > create a new folder (using the shooting date) and automatically downlaod
    > the
    > photos to that folder. I fooled around with the new software and have yet
    > to find a way to do this.
    > In addition, every time I connect my camera to my computer, a dialogue box
    > pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
    > This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
    > Your suggestions will be appreciated.

    Interesting. When I download from my 20D it defaults to a dated folder.
    Never did this before with my old digital.

    However, I really don't know if this is a function of Win XP, or one of
    the many Adobe programs or some of the Canon software doing it. My problem
    is it seems to want to default to my scanner as a source. BTW it ends up
    opening the results in Abobe's PhotoAlbum 2.0.

    I have not really looked at what is doing what or tried to reconfigure
    it as it is convenient for me the way it is.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Geoffrey Ungar

    S. Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Geoffrey Ungar wrote:
    >> I just traded up from my 10D to a 20D. I erased my old software and
    >> installed the new disc. Only then did I find out that Zoombrowser was
    >> not
    >> included eith my new camera and the software supplied does not
    >> automatically
    >> create a new folder (using the shooting date) and automatically downlaod
    >> the
    >> photos to that folder. I fooled around with the new software and have
    >> yet
    >> to find a way to do this.
    >> In addition, every time I connect my camera to my computer, a dialogue
    >> box
    >> pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
    >> This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
    >> Your suggestions will be appreciated.

    > Interesting. When I download from my 20D it defaults to a dated
    > folder. Never did this before with my old digital.
    >
    > However, I really don't know if this is a function of Win XP, or one of
    > the many Adobe programs or some of the Canon software doing it. My
    > problem is it seems to want to default to my scanner as a source. BTW it
    > ends up opening the results in Abobe's PhotoAlbum 2.0.
    >
    > I have not really looked at what is doing what or tried to reconfigure
    > it as it is convenient for me the way it is.

    I hate that pop up window. Does anyone know how to kill it?

    S.

    S., Oct 25, 2004
  4. What program are you using to download? Are you using the Microsoft camera
    and scanner wizard? I tried it and it downloads the directory floder from
    my card as well as the photos contained within. It also does not recognise
    and download raw files.

    Geoffrey Ungar, Oct 26, 2004