    Thanks
    --
    *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

    Alex, Jul 16, 2003

  2. I've got one. People tend to ignore this lens but it gives a good
    wide-to-normal range. I've found it to be quite sharp, focuses fast on
    my 10D. I have no complaints.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Alex

    Don Coon Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to buy this lens for my D60. What is your experience if you
    > used this lens before? I have not seen actual distortion charts for it, I
    > suppose it has some barreling at wide end. How is the sharpness and
    > contrast? Is it any better with digital (cropping)? Other alternative

    would
    > be Sigma 15-30mm EX but it is about $150 more and twice as large and

    heavy.
    > Any comments appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > --

    Try here for the non-L version (f/3.5-4.5 USM) 3 of 5 rating:
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=4&sort=7&thecat=2
    7

    Or here (however, their site has been down all day):
    http://www.photographyreview.com/defaultcrx.aspx

    Don Coon, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Alex

    Don Coon Guest

    Don Coon, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Alex

    Lionel Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:41:34 GMT, in
    <OmeRa.444968$>, "Alex"
    <> said:

    >I am looking to buy this lens for my D60. What is your experience if you
    >used this lens before? I have not seen actual distortion charts for it, I
    >suppose it has some barreling at wide end. How is the sharpness and
    >contrast? Is it any better with digital (cropping)? Other alternative would
    >be Sigma 15-30mm EX but it is about $150 more and twice as large and heavy.
    >Any comments appreciated.

    Which 20-35mm are you referring to? I've got the 20-35mm f:2.8L, which
    is a very nice lens indeed. OTOH, it's discontinued, so it's unlikely
    that you'd be buying it new.

    Lionel, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Alex

    Scott Elliot Guest

    I had the 20-35 f/3.5-4.5 lens and used it on my D60. I recently upgraded
    to the Canon 17-40 f/4 L lens. The optical quality is noticeably better
    with the 17-40 and the wider 17mm end of the lens is necessary to get a wide
    angle lens view. The 17mm gives a view equivalent to about a 28 mm lens on
    a 35 mm camera.

    I considered the Sigma 15-30mm lens. Optical quality is very good and the
    wider 15mm view is the equivalent of 24mm lens on a 35 mm camera. Comparing
    the Sigma 15-30 to the Canon 17-40, the Canon has much faster, quieter
    autofocus and full time manual override. It also feels more substantially
    built.

    The Canon 16-35/2.8 L would have been my first choice, but I could not
    justify the cost. The Canon 17-40 was my second choice and the one I
    purchased. The Sigma 15-30 would have been my third choice.

    The Canon 20-35mm lens is a good lens, but simply does not give a wide
    enough angle of view on the D60. I do not recommend it for that camera.

    Scott Elliot
    http://www3.telus.net/selliot/

    Scott Elliot, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Alex