Canon 1D mark II

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by William Wallace, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. William Wallace, Jan 27, 2004

  2. William Wallace

    steve Guest

    steve, Jan 27, 2004

  3. William Wallace

    Hugo Drax Guest

    Hugo Drax, Jan 27, 2004
  4. William Wallace

    steve Guest

    Ack!

    For that price it better come with a 28-70mm f/2.8L (laughing)

    steve

    steve, Jan 27, 2004
  5. William Wallace

    B.o.w.s.e.r Guest

    If those specs and prices are correct, Nikon is in huge trouble. Once again,
    they've been leapfrogged, and will take years to catch up.

    B.o.w.s.e.r, Jan 27, 2004
  6. William Wallace

    Mattearoadie Guest

    is this a new body that is out? I am not able to see the site

    Mattearoadie, Jan 27, 2004
  7. William Wallace

    AArDvarK Guest

    AArDvarK, Jan 27, 2004
  8. William Wallace

    REED BOXIN Guest

    >Anyone know if there is a translator proggy for pdf files??
    >alex

    i copy and pasted below a translated version someone posted in dpreview.
    gene

    The most produced: ? Sensor CMOS 8,2 Megapixels? Motorization up to 8,5
    images/sec? Buffer high capacity 40 Images in JPEG? New processor DIGIC?
    Balances white ultra-precise? 2 residences memory board CF and SD? Sensitivity
    from 50 to 3200 ISO? New measurement flash E-TTL? Screen LCD high resolution
    230 000 pixels? Compatible PictBridge and PTP Description: Again, Canon
    confirms with an effectiveness and a speed d?innovation, its total engagement
    in the development of its system numerical reflex camera EOS. After l?avènement
    of l?EOS-300D, the numerical accessible one to general public, after the very
    general-purpose EOS-10D, and the EOS-1DS with sensor full format, Canon
    reconsiders the front of the scene with a new occupational numerical reflex
    camera which comes logically in the place from the EOS-1D. l?EOS-1D II is not
    satisfied d?être a simple substitute but on the contrary, s?affirme within this
    numerical range EOS by a marked personality and by many innovations which will
    allure the most demanding professionals l?EOS-1D II is a esthète smoothness
    d?image thanks to a sensor CMOS of 8,2 million effective pixels for a d?image
    quality of very high resolution. It s?affirme also like l?outil of infernal
    rates on many plans: give rhythm of catch of sight carried uninterrupted to 8,5
    im/s (8 im/s for l?EOS-1D) with a number of maximum sights per sequence of 40
    sights in broad JPEG (21 for l?EOS-1D), an exceptional endurance of
    l?obturator: 200 000 releases minimum (150.000 for l?EOS-1D), a port IEEE 1394
    to 4 pins allowing a transfer at the speed of 100 Mo/s. It adds to it from now
    on a remarkable speed of d?image treatment thanks to its processor DIGIC of new
    generation and an increased speed out of matter d?écriture on the memory board.
    In the field of storage, not only l?EOS-1D II accepts the supports
    d?enregistrements of more than 2 Go but it in addition has 2 residences to use
    2 types of memory boards (1 CF and 1 SD) of which l?enregistrement can be
    simultaneous or selective. The total control of returned colors is ensured by 5
    matrices with clear identification of their specificity (Standard, Portrait,
    High saturation, Espace Adobe RVB, weak saturation) more 2 matrices
    personnalisables and a histogram RVB which makes it possible to control the
    distribution of the primary colors in l?image. L?EOS-1DII allows a new approach
    as regards adjustment of balance of the white by l?integration d?un numerical
    filter color which allows d?appliquer effects of corrections equivalent to
    those obtained with filters DC (9 levels of correction in bleu/ambre and
    magenta/vert). A new measurement flash E-TTL even more precise, with analysis
    of the distance from the subject via l?optic. It offers also a comfort
    increased in the phases of visualization of the recorded images: a screen of
    display of 230.000 pixels for an optimal resolution in l?affichage of the
    images recorded, rotation of the vertical sights automatic or manual,
    possibility d?agrandissement of 1,5x with 10x on 15 levels, video exit.
    Compatible Pictbridge a simple connection USB with a printer immediately allows
    d?imprimer after the catch of sights the photographs carried out. Software side
    File Viewer Utility profits d?un new development which increases its
    performances and the possibilities offered to l?utilisator: speed of treatment
    of files RAW, faster posting of the images, pallets separated for adjustments
    RAW and the adjustments from tonal curves, posting of infos IPTC (infos of
    telecommunications) and new function d?agrandissement d?une zone of l?image for
    an accurate check of the development.

    REED BOXIN, Jan 27, 2004
  9. William Wallace

    AArDvarK Guest

    Very kind ... thanks!
    A.

    "REED BOXIN" <> wrote in message news:...
    > >Anyone know if there is a translator proggy for pdf files??
    > >alex

    > i copy and pasted below a translated version someone posted in dpreview.
    > gene

    [snip]

    AArDvarK, Jan 27, 2004
  10. William Wallace

    Hils Guest

    >is this a new body that is out? I am not able to see the site

    The documents seem genuine enough, probably inadvertently left in public
    long enough to be found. The brochure gives a launch date of April.

    --
    Hil

    Hils, Jan 27, 2004
  11. William Wallace

    REED BOXIN Guest

    >Very kind ... thanks!
    >A.

    your welcome,
    gene

    REED BOXIN, Jan 28, 2004
  12. William Wallace, Jan 28, 2004
  13. William Wallace

    AArDvarK Guest

    AArDvarK, Jan 28, 2004
  14. Michael Quack, Jan 28, 2004
  15. William Wallace

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Michael Quack wrote:
    > In article <bv62ul$onf8g$-berlin.de>,
    > Hugo Drax says...
    >
    >> Nikon is going to be in trouble.

    > What do you mean, "going to be"?

    Gee Quack, here we go again.
    Would you be happy with only ONE manufacturer of
    DSLR's --without any competition-- that can screw you
    over and over with whatever price they decide their
    stuff is worth?

    If I were you, I'd root for Nikon...
    Or else prepare to pay whatever Canon wants.
    (Oh yeah, you can bet that without Nikon, Canon
    craftmanship would go down like a stone...)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  16. William Wallace

    Bo Stevens Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:44:19 GMT, Paolo Pizzi wrote:

    > If I were you, I'd root for Nikon...
    > Or else prepare to pay whatever Canon wants.

    Now, I can agree with that statement. Are you really a capitalist?
    --
    -Bo

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  17. William Wallace

    KBob Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:19:27 -0500, "Hugo Drax"
    <> wrote:

    >"William Wallace" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
    >>
    >> 8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
    >>
    >> http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

    >Nikon is going to be in trouble.
    >
    >I heard the street price will be in the 3000-4000 range.

    The Kodak 14n has 13.9 MPX and is now only $2995 after the $1000
    rebate now offered.

    KBob, Jan 31, 2004

    For details of the new Canon have look at www.eos-magazine.com

    Emyr Rhys Williams, Feb 1, 2004
  19. William Wallace

    MikeWhy Guest

    "KBob" <> wrote in message
    > The Kodak 14n has 13.9 MPX and is now only $2995 after the $1000
    > rebate now offered.

    That probably has as much to do with what Kodak is working on as it has with
    Canon pushing the envelope. The next couple of years will be very
    tnteresting indeed, at least for the gearheads.

    MikeWhy, Feb 1, 2004
  20. William Wallace

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Bo Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:44:19 GMT, Paolo Pizzi wrote:
    >
    >> If I were you, I'd root for Nikon...
    >> Or else prepare to pay whatever Canon wants.

    > Now, I can agree with that statement. Are you really a capitalist?

    Whether I am or I am not, it's irrelevant. That's how it works
    in capitalistic countries... (lots of pros, lots of cons...)

    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 4, 2004