    Dave Bowman Guest

    I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
    lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

    Dave Bowman, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Dave Bowman

    S. Guest

    "Dave Bowman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
    > lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

    If true they'll likely charge well over a grand for it. Out of my league.

    S.

    S., Oct 26, 2004

  3. "Dave Bowman" <> wrote in message
    > I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
    > lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

    Oh baby, oh baby. Please, please!

    You might know who, Oct 26, 2004
  4. (Dave Bowman) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
    > lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

    The only people able to *confirm* this, wouldn't because of
    non-disclosure agreements. The others just like to hear themselves
    talking. There is absolutely no point asking these questions. Nobody
    will confirm this to you. The rest is chitter chatter

    Bernhard Mayer, Oct 26, 2004

    > > I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
    > > lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

    > The only people able to *confirm* this, wouldn't because of
    > non-disclosure agreements. The others just like to hear themselves
    > talking. There is absolutely no point asking these questions. Nobody
    > will confirm this to you. The rest is chitter chatter

    That's what you said about Minolta 7D prices, and Canon 20D info. Most of
    which were true!

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Dave Bowman

    Tony Guest

    I can confirm it. It is definately rumour.
    What I can say is that it is doubtful Canon will announce anything before
    Christmas. They make their fall announcements and their spring announcements
    every year - and that is when they announce.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Oct 26, 2004
  7. I agree probably it will appear (or not) at the Mid-February Photo Marketing
    show.

    Darrell Larose, Oct 26, 2004