    Are there any other stupid default settings on this camera?

    Thanks,

    JP
    J.D. Parker, Sep 22, 2003

  2. J.D. Parker

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Why wouldn't you change the default EV granularity to 1/3 stop (from
    > the factory 1/2 stop)??
    >
    > Are there any other stupid default settings on this camera?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JP

    By default, the ISO 3200 mode is disabled. You have to enable it through
    a custom function if I remember correctly (too lazy to get my camera out
    of the bag to check right now ;-)

    While you are at it, check the defaults for all the custom functions.
    Some or many of them may not be to your liking. Luckily, Canon has given
    us control over how the camera acts in various situations through the
    custom functions...

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 22, 2003

  3. J.D. Parker

    Jim Townsend Guest

    J.D. Parker wrote:

    > Why wouldn't you change the default EV granularity to 1/3 stop (from
    > the factory 1/2 stop)??

    Probably because there's hardly any difference :)

    > Are there any other stupid default settings on this camera?

    I disabled the ability to take a photo with no flash card installed. I did
    this shortly after I lost a couple of shots due to leaving the card out.
    Jim Townsend, Sep 22, 2003
  4. J.D. Parker

    MarkH Guest

    Todd Walker <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Why wouldn't you change the default EV granularity to 1/3 stop (from
    >> the factory 1/2 stop)??
    >>
    >> Are there any other stupid default settings on this camera?

    > By default, the ISO 3200 mode is disabled. You have to enable it through
    > a custom function if I remember correctly (too lazy to get my camera out
    > of the bag to check right now ;-)

    Why is that a stupid default setting?

    I like the ISO restriction, it lets me quickly flick to ISO 1600 for low
    light without setting to ISO 3200 which I find too noisy for my tastes.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Sep 23, 2003