    I can clean the sensor?

    Thanks for any help... an email would be most appreciated.

    Roger
    rogrbare, Aug 16, 2004

  2. rogrbare

    Drifter Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:44:05 GMT, "rogrbare" <>
    wrote:

    >I need to clean the sensor of my Canon 10D, but the "Sensor clean" selection
    >(as related in the manual) does not appear on the menu. I've upgraded the
    >firmware, so I assume Canon had changed something. Can someone tell me how
    >I can clean the sensor?
    >
    >Thanks for any help... an email would be most appreciated.
    >
    >Roger

    The camera has to be set in one of the "Creative Mode" settings such
    as Tv, Av, or M.

    Then press MENU and it's the 2'nd one from the bottom.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Aug 16, 2004

  3. rogrbare

    Jim Townsend Guest

    rogrbare wrote:

    > I need to clean the sensor of my Canon 10D, but the "Sensor clean" selection
    > (as related in the manual) does not appear on the menu. I've upgraded the
    > firmware, so I assume Canon had changed something. Can someone tell me how
    > I can clean the sensor?
    >
    > Thanks for any help... an email would be most appreciated.
    >
    > Roger

    Put the camera in one of the creative modes.. (P, Tv, Av, M)..

    Canon makes a point of hiding dozens of menu items in the
    dummy modes..

    If you compare menu selections you get between P and the green
    square, you'll see you have at least a dozen more options and
    settings with P..
    Jim Townsend, Aug 16, 2004
  4. rogrbare

    rogrbare Guest

    Thanks a bunch, Drifter... I feel kind of stupid, but I'm glad I asked the
    question. Never thought that the setting would make a difference in the
    menu.

    Best to you... Roger

    rogrbare, Aug 16, 2004
  5. rogrbare

    rogrbare Guest

    Thanks Jim... The manual says nothing about what the camera should be sent
    on when starting the operation. I appreciate your help greatly!

    Best to you... Roger

    rogrbare, Aug 16, 2004