    Is there a Lens somewhat the same size for the Nikon D70 with the 28-300
    range.

    I like the looks of the Canon lens, maybe I need to go to the Canon Side.

    SteveJ, Jun 9, 2004

  2. "SteveJ" <> wrote in message news:<Bgsxc.5617$0y.150@attbi_s03>...
    > I had seen a Canon 10 D with a 28-300 mm lines on it and it was BIG around,
    > and I think it was F/3.8 to ?
    >
    > Is there a Lens somewhat the same size for the Nikon D70 with the 28-300
    > range.
    >
    > I like the looks of the Canon lens, maybe I need to go to the Canon Side.

    To hell with Canon and Nikon. You need to come over to the Sigma side.
    The DSLR cameras are way better, and the same focal ranges are covered
    by the Sigma SA mount lenses.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville

    Orville Wright, Jun 9, 2004

  3. SteveJ

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <>, Orville
    Wright <> writes

    http://nordicgroup.us/sigma/

    --
    Ian G8ILZ

    Prometheus, Jun 9, 2004
  4. SteveJ

    gsum Guest

    Nikon have several lenses at that focal length range. They have
    cheap consumer grade lenses throught to pro and VR.

    Whatever you decide, stay away from Sigma. Some of their lenses
    aren't bad optically but the general construction is not as robust as
    Nikon/ Canon gear and some have design flaws.

    Graham

    gsum, Jun 9, 2004
  5. SteveJ

    gsum Guest

    Preddy poor advice

    gsum, Jun 9, 2004
  6. SteveJ

    Mick Sterbs Guest

    > To hell with Canon and Nikon. You need to come over to the Sigma side.
    > The DSLR cameras are way better, and the same focal ranges are covered
    > by the Sigma SA mount lenses.

    Oh god help us. A comedian.

    Mick Sterbs, Jun 9, 2004
  7. SteveJ

    SteveJ Guest

    I think I have the lens,
    Sigma's colors fall to shit on the upper ISO, NO thinks.

    SteveJ, Jun 9, 2004
  8. In article <>, Orville
    Wright <> wrote:

    > "SteveJ" <> wrote in message
    > > I had seen a Canon 10 D with a 28-300 mm lines on it and it was BIG around,
    > > and I think it was F/3.8 to ?
    > >
    > > Is there a Lens somewhat the same size for the Nikon D70 with the 28-300
    > > range.
    > >
    > > I like the looks of the Canon lens, maybe I need to go to the Canon Side.

    > To hell with Canon and Nikon. You need to come over to the Sigma side.
    > The DSLR cameras are way better, and the same focal ranges are covered
    > by the Sigma SA mount lenses.

    How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 9, 2004
  9. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    I favor the Canon lens line. In particular, they have some with image
    stabilization, and I'm not sure there are any Nikon lenses with IS.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  10. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Mick Sterbs wrote:

    > "Orville Wright" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>To hell with Canon and Nikon. You need to come over to the Sigma side.
    >>The DSLR cameras are way better, and the same focal ranges are covered
    >>by the Sigma SA mount lenses.

    > Oh god help us. A comedian.

    "Come over to the Sigma side": Sounds like a Darth Vadarism :) Freudian?

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  11. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    There are several Nikon lenses with VR (Nikonian for IS), the 24-135, 70-200
    and 80-400 spring to mind. Nikon does not have an equivalent of the 28-300
    IS, though.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Jun 9, 2004
  12. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Thanks for that! Any links to how they implement "VR" and reviews of
    its performance? I know the Cananom system and know it works.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  13. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    No real idea, I'm a Canon guy, too. But it seems to work pretty much the
    same as IS, the 80-400 was their first effort, and not as good as the Canon
    100-400, both optically and stability-wise. And it didn't have AF-S, Nikons
    version of USM. The newer 24-120 and 70-200 f2.8 have very good
    stabilization, very good optics, and include AF-S.

    Skip M, Jun 10, 2004
  14. Randall Ainsworth <> wrote

    > How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    I have no connection to the George Preddy character, if that is what
    you are implying. Get your facts straight before you accuse people of
    incorrect bullshit.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville

    Orville Wright, Jun 10, 2004
  15. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    Your posting path is the same as his...

    Skip M, Jun 10, 2004
  16. In article <>, Orville
    Wright <> wrote:

    > Randall Ainsworth <> wrote
    >
    > > How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    > I have no connection to the George Preddy character, if that is what
    > you are implying. Get your facts straight before you accuse people of
    > incorrect bullshit.

    Hope this helps...here's a quarter...go buy yourself a clue.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004
  17. In article <seRxc.6454$K45.1806@fed1read02>, Skip M
    <> wrote:

    > Your posting path is the same as his...

    I post from my personal account using no aliases. I am *NOT* George
    Preddy or Orville Wright. I do not own any Sigma products nor do I
    advocate that others should.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004
  18. SteveJ

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Orville Wright)
    stated that:

    >Randall Ainsworth <> wrote
    >
    >> How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    >I have no connection to the George Preddy character, if that is what
    >you are implying. Get your facts straight before you accuse people of
    >incorrect bullshit.
    >
    >Hope this helps.

    You're a liar, Preddiot.

    Lionel, Jun 10, 2004
  19. SteveJ

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that Randall Ainsworth <> stated
    that:

    >In article <seRxc.6454$K45.1806@fed1read02>, Skip M
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Your posting path is the same as his...

    >I post from my personal account using no aliases. I am *NOT* George
    >Preddy or Orville Wright. I do not own any Sigma products nor do I
    >advocate that others should.

    He was replying to The Preddiot's latest sock-puppet identity (Orville
    Wright), not to you.

    Lionel, Jun 10, 2004
  20. Lionel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Kibo informs me that (Orville Wright)
    > stated that:
    >
    > >Randall Ainsworth <> wrote
    > >
    > >> How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    > >I have no connection to the George Preddy character, if that is what
    > >you are implying. Get your facts straight before you accuse people of
    > >incorrect bullshit.
    > >
    > >Hope this helps.

    > You're a liar, Preddiot.

    If Lionel were really the computer genius he claims to be he would be
    able to figure out that I am not George Preddy. That is a bunch of
    **** fucking bullshit.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville

    Orville Wright, Jun 10, 2004