    according to the camera menu. I notice that there is a version 1.0.1 in use.
    What is the difference - and should I look for an upgrade and how do I do
    this ?

    Stuart, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Stuart

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Stuart"

    >My Canon 10D - bought in the UK in April has built in Firmware version 1.0.0
    >according to the camera menu. I notice that there is a version 1.0.1 in use.
    >What is the difference?

    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html

    Not a big deal to most people, unless you're having problems printing directly
    to your printer via USB or are bothered by a typo in the Chinese menu commands
    :)

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Stuart

    Don Coon Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > My Canon 10D - bought in the UK in April has built in Firmware version

    1.0.0
    > according to the camera menu. I notice that there is a version 1.0.1 in

    use.
    > What is the difference - and should I look for an upgrade and how do I do
    > this ?

    EOS 10D Firmware Version 1.0.1 resolves the following issues:

    1.. It increases the reliability of USB communication when the
    camera's direct print function is used.
    2.. It corrects a typographical error on the simplified Chinese
    language version of the MENU.

    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html

    Not exactly a "Critical" update : )

    Don Coon, Aug 17, 2003