    can someone tell me if this battery will work in my Rebel, or did I just
    waste 5 bucks plus shipping?

    Randy

    Prowler99, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Prowler99

    Sorby Guest

    "Prowler99" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I recently won a bid on e-bay for a battery that was listed as:
    > BATTERY EOS 10D/D60/D30 CANON DIGITAL CAMERA
    > There was only two minutes left on the auction, so I just hurried, and I

    won
    > it for $5.00. Now
    > the problem is, I don't OWN a Canon 10D, I own a Canon Digital Rebel.

    Please
    > can someone tell me if this battery will work in my Rebel, or did I just
    > waste 5 bucks plus shipping?

    You're in luck - the Canon Digital Rebel takes the same BP-511 battery used
    by the 10D.

    --
    Sorby

    Sorby, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Prowler99

    Prowler99 Guest

    I knew that the Rebel was a "consumerised" version of the 10D, so I was
    hoping they would use the same battery. Thank you for your response.
    Randy

    Prowler99, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Prowler99

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Prowler99 wrote:

    > I recently won a bid on e-bay for a battery that was listed as:
    > BATTERY EOS 10D/D60/D30 CANON DIGITAL CAMERA
    > There was only two minutes left on the auction, so I just hurried, and I won
    > it for $5.00. Now
    > the problem is, I don't OWN a Canon 10D, I own a Canon Digital Rebel. Please
    > can someone tell me if this battery will work in my Rebel, or did I just
    > waste 5 bucks plus shipping?

    Yes it will fit.. I hope it works well :)

    The last $5.00 BP-511 battery I bought from eBay would die after about 20
    shots..

    The seller agreed to take it back, but by the time I paid shipping three
    times, (First to get it, Second to return it and Third to get a replacement
    shipped back), I was getting up near 30 bucks.. It wasn't worth my while :(

    Jim Townsend, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Prowler99

    Mark B. Guest

    "Prowler99" <> wrote in message
    > I recently won a bid on e-bay for a battery that was listed as:
    > BATTERY EOS 10D/D60/D30 CANON DIGITAL CAMERA
    > There was only two minutes left on the auction, so I just hurried, and I

    won
    > it for $5.00. Now
    > the problem is, I don't OWN a Canon 10D, I own a Canon Digital Rebel.

    Please
    > can someone tell me if this battery will work in my Rebel, or did I just
    > waste 5 bucks plus shipping?
    >
    > Randy

    They use the same battery, but w/o more information or until you try it
    yourself it's impossible to tell if it's worth $5 + shipping. I haven't
    tried any 3rd party batteries myself, but I've read about the good along
    with the bad.

    Mark

    Mark B., Feb 28, 2004
  6. Prowler99

    Prowler99 Guest

    Well, the battery is on its way. I will try it for a while and let all of
    you know the brand and if it was worth 5 bucks. Thank you all for your
    input.
    Randy

    Prowler99, Feb 28, 2004