    What kind of battery life can one expect from the 10D?
    Should I have extra batteries on hand?

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Jim

    ralford Guest

    let me see if I understand this ongoing thread on the D10 battery... someone
    claims to be buying a $1500 camera body, some $350-$6000 in lenses and they
    are puzzled about whether they need to spend $50 for a spare battery???

    me thinks most are just bored window shoppers. otoh this is the internet
    where no one knows if the dog has control of the keyboard <G>

    rma

    ralford, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Don Coon wrote:

    > Well, think of it like this: I'll take my $35,000 automobile to the place
    > that does $25 LOFs rather than the rip-off $35 joint -- assuming comparable
    > service quality. Maybe that's why, over the years, I've been able to
    > purchase the $1500 camera body, $35,000 car and some $350 - $2000 (but NOT
    > $6000) lenses.

    I guess there's the odd Rolls Royce with Pep Boy tires :)

    Instead of spending $35,000, why not buy a $25,000 car then use the savings to
    buy a $1500 dollar camera body and have $8500 for lenses or at least 340 LOF's
    (@ 25 bucks each)

    (What IS a LOF anyway) ?

    Jim Townsend, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Jim

    Lionel Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:17:08 -0500, in
    <>, Jim Townsend <>
    said:

    >Instead of spending $35,000, why not buy a $25,000 car then use the savings to
    >buy a $1500 dollar camera body and have $8500 for lenses or at least 340 LOF's
    >(@ 25 bucks each)
    >
    >(What IS a LOF anyway) ?

    'Length Of Field', perhaps? ;)

    (Yes, of course I'm kidding. :)

    Lionel, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Jim

    Don Coon Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message news:bgalf1$v8q$...
    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:17:08 -0500, in
    > <>, Jim Townsend <>
    > said:
    >
    > >Instead of spending $35,000, why not buy a $25,000 car then use the

    savings to
    > >buy a $1500 dollar camera body and have $8500 for lenses or at least 340

    LOF's
    > >(@ 25 bucks each)
    > >
    > >(What IS a LOF anyway) ?

    > 'Length Of Field', perhaps? ;)
    >

    > (Yes, of course I'm kidding. :)

    Or "Lots Of Fun" or "Lots Of Fotography"

    Don Coon, Jul 31, 2003
  6. Jim

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <eP8Wa.28641$Ho3.5148@sccrnsc03>,
    coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com says...
    > Quite frankly, I'm amused at how much many people are willing to spend on
    > glass --- unless that's how they make all or part of their living. But I
    > certainly don't criticize them for their choices.
    >
    > Different strokes for different folks : )

    Well put Don. My thoughts exactly. Although that 70-200 f/4L is calling
    my name ;-) Of course if I were glass obsessed, I would go for the 70-
    200 f/2.8L IS...

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 31, 2003
  7. Jim

    Don Coon Guest

    "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <eP8Wa.28641$Ho3.5148@sccrnsc03>,
    > coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com says...
    > > Quite frankly, I'm amused at how much many people are willing to spend

    on
    > > glass --- unless that's how they make all or part of their living. But I
    > > certainly don't criticize them for their choices.
    > >
    > > Different strokes for different folks : )
    > >

    > Well put Don. My thoughts exactly. Although that 70-200 f/4L is calling
    > my name ;-) Of course if I were glass obsessed, I would go for the 70-
    > 200 f/2.8L IS...

    Unfortunately, lots of L lenses are calling my name : ) In time I'm sure
    I'll pop for just the right L lens at just the right time and price. Right
    now the 28-135mm IS USM and 50mm f/1.8 II do a marvelous job for me and I
    get many excellent shots with my $110 75-300mm non-USM although CA is
    sometimes a problem. I'm pretty sure that will be my first replacement.

    Don Coon, Jul 31, 2003
  8. Jim

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Don Coon wrote:

    > "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >> Don Coon wrote:
    >>
    >> > Well, think of it like this: I'll take my $35,000 automobile to the

    > place
    >> > that does $25 LOFs rather than the rip-off $35 joint -- assuming

    > comparable
    >> > service quality. Maybe that's why, over the years, I've been able to
    >> > purchase the $1500 camera body, $35,000 car and some $350 - $2000 (but

    > NOT
    >> > $6000) lenses.
    >> >

    >> I guess there's the odd Rolls Royce with Pep Boy tires :)
    >>
    >> Instead of spending $35,000, why not buy a $25,000 car then use the

    > savings to
    >> buy a $1500 dollar camera body and have $8500 for lenses or at least 340

    > LOF's
    >> (@ 25 bucks each)
    >>
    >> (What IS a LOF anyway) ?

    > LOF = Lube/Oil/Filter

    Figured it was something like that, but couldn't put words to letters :)

    > Take the $35,000 car for example: individuals can spend anywhere from next
    > to nothing to well over $100,000 for a vehicle that performs the same basic
    > function albeit at different comfort and ego levels. To each his/her own.
    > I don't fault others people's choice re how they spend their money. In most
    > cases they earned it and it's their decision how to spend it.

    OK.. we agree here. To each their own.

    Jim Townsend, Jul 31, 2003
  9. Jim

    Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:22:36 -0700, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >What kind of battery life can one expect from the 10D?
    >Should I have extra batteries on hand?
    >
    >Jim

    To get away from all the lifestyle comments here and give some
    practical experience, I've just used mine non-stop for 8 days in Hong
    Kong. The heaviest day's use saw me fill a 512mb card and much of a
    256 one, at max jpg quality, 8 sec review on each picture and no
    flash. Maybe around 370 pics. At the end of the day the battery
    indication was still showing full. I've got a couple of cheap
    batteries just in case, and I guess I'll use them all in rotation.

    MJ

    , Aug 3, 2003
  10. Jim

    Peter Wallis Guest

    i never used to worry about f stops......but a 2.8 lens shits on a f4
    lens....i saw the light........even though my budget does not agree i conned
    the bank to give me a loan....well worth the trouble...
    <> wrote in message

    > Todd> In article <eP8Wa.28641$Ho3.5148@sccrnsc03>,
    > Todd> coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com says...
    > >> Quite frankly, I'm amused at how much many people are willing to

    spend on
    > >> glass --- unless that's how they make all or part of their living.

    But I
    > >> certainly don't criticize them for their choices.
    > >>
    > >> Different strokes for different folks : )
    > >>

    > Todd> Well put Don. My thoughts exactly. Although that 70-200 f/4L is

    calling
    > Todd> my name ;-) Of course if I were glass obsessed, I would go for

    the 70-

    Peter Wallis, Aug 6, 2003