    consumer Camera please?

    regards

    David
    Toffee Babinski, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Toffee Babinski

    Scott Coutts Guest

    Toffee Babinski wrote:
    > Heard that Canon have now launched the 300d.

    Yup.

    > Any idea when it comes to the UK?

    Nup, but maybe take a look at the canon uk site for a press release...

    > What are the main differences in spec between the 10d and the 300d - the
    > consumer Camera please?

    Hmm... I think this has been covered a stack of times. Check the
    group for threads a week or so ago. Also check the sites that are
    around that point them out.

    Basically plastic body, 2.5fps for 4 frames... cant remember the
    others but they're the main ones.
    Scott Coutts, Aug 29, 2003

  3. "Toffee Babinski" <> wrote in message
    > Heard that Canon have now launched the 300d.
    >
    > Any idea when it comes to the UK?
    >
    > What are the main differences in spec between the 10d and the 300d - the
    > consumer Camera please?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > David

    Check out this link:

    http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelDvs10D.shtml

    Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Rickwood, Aug 29, 2003
  4. "Paul Rickwood" <> skrev i melding

    > "Toffee Babinski" <> wrote in message
    > > Heard that Canon have now launched the 300d.
    > >

    > Check out this link:
    >
    > http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelDvs10D.shtml

    I read the overview and found this; LCD viewfinder
    1.8 inch (118,000 pixels), 5 step brightness adjustment
    1.8 inch (118,000 pixels), 5 step brightness adjustment

    There is no LCD viewfinder on my EOS 10D!!

    Ivan
    Ivan Pedersen, Aug 29, 2003
  5. >
    > > http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelDvs10D.shtml
    > >

    > I read the overview and found this; LCD viewfinder
    > 1.8 inch (118,000 pixels), 5 step brightness adjustment
    > 1.8 inch (118,000 pixels), 5 step brightness adjustment
    >

    > There is no LCD viewfinder on my EOS 10D!!
    >
    > Ivan

    Yes its confusingly worded although they do mention the optical viewfinder
    below.

    Paul
    Paul Rickwood, Aug 29, 2003
  6. Toffee Babinski

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <binfgt$dc3$>,
    says...

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-6270-6325

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Aug 29, 2003
  7. "Todd Walker" <> skrev i melding
    > In article <XOI3b.25026$>, says...
    > > There is no LCD viewfinder on my EOS 10D!!
    > >

    > There is no LCD viewfinder on the 300D either.

    No SL-digital has.

    Ivan

    Ivan Pedersen, Aug 29, 2003
  8. According to Ivan Pedersen <>:
    > No SL-digital has.

    Why can't the camera pull the mirror out of the way to show you an LCD preview
    if someone wants it? Say, for quick point-and-shoot use? It doesn't seem like
    a hard feature to add.

    --
    eth'nT
    http://www.hydrous.net
    Ethan Trewhitt, Aug 29, 2003
  9. Toffee Babinski

    Ken Alverson Guest

    "Ethan Trewhitt" <> wrote in message
    > According to Ivan Pedersen <>:
    > > No SL-digital has.

    > Why can't the camera pull the mirror out of the way to show you an LCD

    preview
    > if someone wants it? Say, for quick point-and-shoot use? It doesn't seem

    like
    > a hard feature to add.

    The sensor the DSLRs use is not able to do live preview. It is a quality
    tradeoff, and they chose image quality over the ability to do live preview.

    Ken
    Ken Alverson, Aug 29, 2003
  10. Toffee Babinski

    Lionel Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:34:16 -0700, in
    <v8M3b.560$>, "Bryce"
    <> said:

    >Oh. I get it.
    >
    >As long as the eyepiece is looking "thru the lens", is there a need for the
    >lcr pre-shot preview?

    No. Leaving aside the technical difficulty of grabbing continous images
    from a pro-quality image sensor, there's no LCD panel on the market that
    will give you an image as good as the one you get through a good optical
    viewfinder.

    Lionel, Aug 29, 2003
  11. According to Ken Alverson <>:
    > The sensor the DSLRs use is not able to do live preview. It is a
    > quality tradeoff, and they chose image quality over the ability to do
    > live preview.

    Gotcha.

    --
    eth'nT
    http://www.hydrous.net
    Ethan Trewhitt, Aug 29, 2003
  12. "Toffee Babinski" <> wrote in

    > What are the main differences in spec between the 10d and the 300d - the
    > consumer Camera please?

    Plastic body vs magnesium alloy body.

    No options for autofocus mode when operating in aperture priority, shutter
    priority, manual, or program modes on the 300D.

    Max ISO of 1600 vs max ISO of 3200.

    Mirrors instead of a pentaprism for the viewfinder.

    No mirror lock-up in the 300D.

    2.5 frames per second for 4 frames vs 3 frames per second for 9 frames.

    Partial (spot) metering only available in manual mode with 300D.

    No PC connector on the 300D.

    --
    To email me, type my 1st name before my last.
    Tony Whitaker, Aug 30, 2003
  13. Toffee Babinski

    Triple T Guest

    "Tony Whitaker" <> wrote in message

    > No PC connector on the 300D.

    No PC connector???? You have to use a card reader or what?
    Triple T, Aug 30, 2003
  14. Toffee Babinski

    Kenny Guest

    "Triple T" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony Whitaker" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > No PC connector on the 300D.
    > >

    > No PC connector???? You have to use a card reader or what?

    The PC terminal is for external flash trigger. I assume you are new to
    SLR's?

    Kenny
    Kenny, Aug 30, 2003
  15. Toffee Babinski

    W6DKN Guest

    Triple T wrote:
    > "Tony Whitaker" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> No PC connector on the 300D.
    >>

    > No PC connector???? You have to use a card reader or what?

    A PC connector is used to connect an external flash or light strobes. A USB
    (or firewire) connector is used to connect to a computer...

    =Dan=
    W6DKN, Aug 30, 2003
  16. Toffee Babinski

    W6DKN Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > "Triple T" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tony Whitaker" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> No PC connector on the 300D.
    >>>

    >> No PC connector???? You have to use a card reader or what?

    > Now THAT is funny!
    >
    > Tom

    It was bound to happen once digi-SLR's came down to the consumer price
    levels... just wait until the 300D hits the retailers' shelves... :>)

    <<< Dan >>>
    W6DKN, Aug 30, 2003
  17. Toffee Babinski

    Triple T Guest

    Well i'm glad ya all had a good laugh at my expense, keeps ya from laughing
    at someone else i guess. Never even seeing a SLR or having one i would have
    guessed a PC connection was someway to connect it to a PC. Like a USB or
    firewire. Made sense to me anyway. Maybe someday i'll be as smart as you
    fellows.

    Triple T, Aug 30, 2003
  18. Toffee Babinski

    dslr Guest

    Triple T wrote:

    > Well i'm glad ya all had a good laugh at my expense, keeps ya from laughing
    > at someone else i guess. Never even seeing a SLR or having one i would have
    > guessed a PC connection was someway to connect it to a PC. Like a USB or
    > firewire. Made sense to me anyway. Maybe someday i'll be as smart as you
    > fellows.

    Just to put you out of your misery, a PC connection is for plugging in a
    cable to connect external flashguns or studio lighting ;-)

    --
    regards,
    dslr
    dslr, Aug 30, 2003
  19. Toffee Babinski

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <%z94b.1000$>,
    says...
    > Well i'm glad ya all had a good laugh at my expense, keeps ya from laughing
    > at someone else i guess. Never even seeing a SLR or having one i would have
    > guessed a PC connection was someway to connect it to a PC. Like a USB or
    > firewire. Made sense to me anyway. Maybe someday i'll be as smart as you
    > fellows.

    If you're gonna hang around here (or any newsgroup for that matter,) you
    gotta get a thicker skin. My comment was that you demonstrated why a
    consumer grade DSLR doesn't have a PC connector -- because you don't
    even know what it is, therefore you have no use for it. No one was
    laughing at you. We were simply commenting on how far down the line of
    expertise the Digital Rebel is bringing digital SLRs. I think it's great
    and it is something that many here have been predicting for some time
    now. No offense was intended.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Aug 31, 2003
  20. Toffee Babinski

    Pat Chaney Guest

    On 29/8/03 6:32 pm, "Ivan Pedersen" <> wrote:

    >> There is no LCD viewfinder on the 300D either.

    > No SL-digital has.

    I believe that there was a remote (LCD) viewfinder planned for the Contax N
    Digital but I donĀ¹t know if it ever made it into production.

    Pat
    --
    Photos at:
    http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?Format=Cell&AcctID=1251