    kind of suckee to me. For example - no Raw! Why???

    My 20D needs Version 10.5, not 1.0.5!

    Henador Titzoff

    Henador Titzoff, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Henador Titzoff

    Martin Lyons Guest

    "Henador Titzoff" <> wrote
    in message news:sJfad.2414$...
    > Anyone know why the Canon 20D is designed to shoot continuously when in
    > Basic Mode Portrait? I don't know why anyone would want to do that in
    > general. I tried to turn it off but cannot. Basic Mode is starting to
    > look
    > kind of suckee to me. For example - no Raw! Why???
    >
    > My 20D needs Version 10.5, not 1.0.5!
    >
    > Henador Titzoff

    Hi Henador

    I believe that its quite normal.
    The explanation being that, in order to capture that "one" look in an eye or
    expression on a face, the continuous mode works like a treat.
    My 300D has it also, and has helped me "catch" an unexpected expression
    which dramatically enhanced the model's eyes. (A subtle movement in an eye
    or facial expression can make all the difference.)

    As far as "no Raw" is concerned, I can't offer a response to that one.

    Regards
    Martin

    Martin Lyons, Oct 10, 2004

  3. Henador Titzoff

    Skip M Guest

    What you need to do is, from now on, never, ever put that dial on any of the
    basic, or PIC, modes, ever again. When you use the PIC modes, you cede
    control of your camera to the programming therein. For instance, you don't
    need RAW, if the camera is making all of your exposure decisions for you.
    When you use the "Creative Modes", you will have RAW, Custom Functions,
    Program Shift, all kinds of things that let you control how the camera gets
    an image. Thus the term, "Creative."
    Your 20D doesn't need Version 10.5, it needs Operator Version 2.0... <G>

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Henador Titzoff

    John Doe Guest

    Fashion photography so that the photographer can let the model move to
    different poses and be able to capture a wide selection so he/she can find
    just the right one? That would be my guess. If you have ever watched a
    fashion shoot they shoot a rule in one take and then later pick the pictures
    from the series they like. For most people it just seems kind of odd. But, I
    guess it enables one to get a more natural and less posed looking shot.

    John

    John Doe, Oct 11, 2004
  5. "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    > What you need to do is, from now on, never, ever put that dial on any of

    the
    > basic, or PIC, modes, ever again. When you use the PIC modes, you cede
    > control of your camera to the programming therein. For instance, you

    don't
    > need RAW, if the camera is making all of your exposure decisions for you.
    > When you use the "Creative Modes", you will have RAW, Custom Functions,
    > Program Shift, all kinds of things that let you control how the camera

    gets
    > an image. Thus the term, "Creative."
    > Your 20D doesn't need Version 10.5, it needs Operator Version 2.0... <G>

    LOL, thanks Skip. This sounds like some darn good advice!

    Henador T.

    Henador Titzoff, Oct 12, 2004