Cannot write to either CD drive...?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenneth, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    Howdy,

    I am on a Dell box with Win2K pro.

    I have an internal CDRW and a USB external DVDRW drive installed.

    For some reason, right now, I cannot write to either drive. When I
    try, I get a dialog that says "Please insert a disk in Drive." The
    dialog has only a cancel button. The drive(s) already have new disks
    in them.

    Also, each of the drives can read from CDs just fine.

    Device Manager identifies each drive properly and shows that each is
    "working properly."

    Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Kenneth

    boon Guest

    "Kenneth" <> wrote in message
    > Howdy,
    >
    > I am on a Dell box with Win2K pro.
    >
    > I have an internal CDRW and a USB external DVDRW drive installed.
    >
    > For some reason, right now, I cannot write to either drive. When I
    > try, I get a dialog that says "Please insert a disk in Drive." The
    > dialog has only a cancel button. The drive(s) already have new disks
    > in them.
    >
    > Also, each of the drives can read from CDs just fine.
    >
    > Device Manager identifies each drive properly and shows that each is
    > "working properly."
    >
    > Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions,

    please dont double post

    thanks

    boon, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:45:05 GMT, "boon" <>
    wrote:

    >please dont double post
    >
    >thanks

    Howdy,