Cannot write from CHKDSK

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Y29oZW5qZXI=?=, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. When I run CHKDSK, it says F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in
    read-only mode. I need the F paramter to fix an index error.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29oZW5qZXI=?=, Oct 24, 2007

  2. Type

    CHKDSK /?

    for help

    CHKDSK /F

    for the immidiate issue. And, lowercase is o.k.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 24, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y29oZW5qZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You don't say what system you are running. In Vista64, you will need to run
    in administrative mode. In the start search, type comm when Command Prompt
    appears, right click and run as administrator.

    John Barnes, Oct 26, 2007