    Thanks
    --
    KABAM88
    =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=, Nov 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=

    optikl Guest

    "KABAM88" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Sony Vaio laptop (Laptop A) that was connected to a wireless
    > network. My daughter took the laptop to college with her and they changed
    > wireless network settings and now when she comes home she is unable to
    > connect using our wireless network. Apparently, the college network does
    > not
    > allow connections to it if the computer connecting is not secure for all
    > other networks. The message that comes up when we try to view wireless
    > networks is "No wireless networks were found in range." I have another
    > Sony
    > Vaio laptop (Laptop B) at home that is connected to that same wireless
    > network and have tried to compare the settings on Laptop A with Laptop B
    > and
    > am unable to find the problem. Can someone help?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > KABAM88

    In the properties for the newtwork adapter, under tcp/ip internet protocol,
    make sure it's set to obtain the IP address automatically. As well, the DNS
    server addresses should be set to obtain automatically. Under advanced
    settings, make sure there is nothing in there for the WINS address.
    optikl, Nov 24, 2006

  3. Is the wireless radio of laptop A turned ON?
    Sorry for the stupid question.

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 24, 2006
  4. Im not sure what the "radio" is. Can you be more descriptive? Thanks.
    --
    KABAM88

    =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=, Nov 25, 2006
  5. Thanks. In the TCP/IP settings, it is set to obtain the IP address
    automatically. However, the DNS server us set to use specific addresses. My
    DSL provider is Verizon and the wireless device they provided will only work
    if the addresses are designated for the DNS server. The addresses for the
    DNS server on Laptop A are the same as the addresses for Laptop B (reminder
    Laptop B works).

    Any other suggestions?
    --
    KABAM88

    =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Yes the wireless radio is turned on. I found it. Any other suggestions?

    --
    KABAM88

    =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=, Nov 25, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    You might want to try this page an excellent network troubleshooter by MVP
    Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it and it will usually
    pinpoint the problem area(s) - http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 25, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S0FCQU04OA==?=

    scarlett

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    no wireless networks found in range

    i am having a similar problem. i can't connect on my laptop (keep getting "no wireless networks were found in range") even though i am currently connected to the wireless network on my desktop PC.
    i went on vacation and connected to some other wireless networks with the laptop while away, and now that i'm home, i can't connect to my home network again. please help, i have been troubleshooting for about 5 hours. :( thanks. ~scarlett
    scarlett, Jul 17, 2008