    with Nero's dvd copy, and everything seems fine, but they lock up the
    RCA player. (I have to unplug it to reset it) Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

    Bob, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Bob

    Bratboy Guest

    Are the new burns on the same media as the ones that won't play? Its
    possible tht the new player you have doesnt like the particular format or
    brand/type of media. Also instead of duping the discs in nero try using
    Shrink to make the new copies and then burn from Nero. I've always had best
    luck that way and bad luck using nero to do actual dvd copying.

    Bratboy, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Bob

    Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:26:30 -0600, Bob <> wrote:

    >I copied a set of the first season of the Sopranos, and viewed them
    >with a Apex dvd player. This was about a year and a half ago. I
    >copied the dvds with dvdxcopy, and also scanned the labels and made
    >labels for all of them to look like the original. Now, these copies
    >won't play on my RCA DRC8040 DVD Recorder/Player. The copies that I
    >make now, I use DVDshrink, and can view them, but not the old copies.
    >I've checked to make sure there aren't any scratches or smudges, and
    >even with a clean dvd, they won't play. I've tried to recopy them
    >with Nero's dvd copy, and everything seems fine, but they lock up the
    >RCA player. (I have to unplug it to reset it) Any help would be
    >greatly appreciated.

    Simple solution.....
    Take the DVDs, the Apex player, and all the other DVDs and DVD
    machines in your house. Toss them all in a box. Drag the box outside
    and toss it in the garbage dumpster.

    With that completed, go get a job so you got something useful to
    contribute to life besides staring at that damn tv set. Your parents
    will be happy too, because they wont have to keep supporting you until
    you are 40 or more years old.

    Best yet, you'll be getting some exercise and might even get rid of
    those 200lbs of excess fat on your body.

    Dr. Richard Palmer PhD

    , Jan 14, 2005
  4. Bob <> wrote:

    > I copied a set of the first season of the Sopranos, and viewed them
    > with a Apex dvd player. This was about a year and a half ago. I
    > copied the dvds with dvdxcopy, and also scanned the labels and made
    > labels for all of them to look like the original. Now, these copies
    > won't play on my RCA DRC8040 DVD Recorder/Player. The copies that I
    > make now, I use DVDshrink, and can view them, but not the old copies.
    > I've checked to make sure there aren't any scratches or smudges, and
    > even with a clean dvd, they won't play. I've tried to recopy them
    > with Nero's dvd copy, and everything seems fine, but they lock up the
    > RCA player. (I have to unplug it to reset it) Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated.

    If they're stick-on labels (attached to the DVD itself), I'd suspect
    that to be the problem. It's a no-no.

    Frank Malczewski, Jan 15, 2005