    any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    service pack 2
    Thanks
    katie, Apr 14, 2007

  2. katie

    meerkat Guest

    "katie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    > charge me
    > In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary
    > internet
    > files
    > the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5
    > Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File
    > This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    > could help...
    > When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    > any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    > service pack 2
    > Thanks

    Why would you want to view Temp Int files ?.
    Or do you mean e-mail messages ?.
    It`s possible you have those files set to delete when you
    switch off your machine.
    meerkat, Apr 14, 2007

  3. katie

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "katie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    > charge me
    > In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary
    > internet
    > files
    > the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5
    > Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File
    > This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    > could help...
    > When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    > any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    > service pack 2
    > Thanks

    What are you trying to do? You haven't described a problem which requires
    any assistance.
    WhzzKdd, Apr 14, 2007
  4. katie wrote:
    > Hi I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who
    > didn't charge me

    Yes, yes, go on. I can't wait to see how this sentence and thought
    ends.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 14, 2007
  5. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >katie wrote:
    >> Hi I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who
    >> didn't charge me

    >Yes, yes, go on. I can't wait to see how this sentence and thought
    >ends.

    I didn't know that M$ moved into the gigolo arena.
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Apr 14, 2007
  6. katie wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    >charge me
    >In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary internet
    >files
    >the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5
    >Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File
    >This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    >could help...
    >When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    >any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    >service pack 2
    >Thanks

    Tell you what...

    Form a complete sentence that properly explains any problems you have,
    then someone here might be able to help.
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Apr 14, 2007
  7. katie wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    > charge me
    > In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary internet
    > files
    > the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5
    > Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File
    > This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    > could help...
    > When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    > any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    > service pack 2

    What you've described seems normal. As others have noted, perhaps if you
    were to mention what the *problem* is, you'd get better answers.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 14, 2007
  8. katie

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:20:34 -0400, katie wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    >charge me

    Well you must have tried 1 or 2 things, it was easier not to say what
    was tried? After all in 2 hrs with no fix, you are likely to get the
    same suggestions again.

    >In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary internet
    >files
    >the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5

    It might be too late to view the files you could however try something
    to reset the temp internet folder.

    The magic location of Content.IE5 is where? In a user progfile or maybe
    somewhere else.

    >Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File

    Delete the folder and DAT file so they are automatically recreated on
    next use.

    Then the3re is the usual, this was all done with an administrator
    account, the tried and tested, backup what you can from the profile,
    delete the profile and rebuild it.

    Could even be the IE option to Move the Temp Internet folder, reboot so
    the new folder is in use, use an admin account to delete the old
    folders.

    The perhaps common, it's locked by your an application like AV software?

    >This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    >could help...
    >When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    >any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    >service pack 2
    >Thanks

    www.google.com
    remove temp internet folder

    Internet Explorer Does not Delete Temporary Internet Files on Close
    Microsoft Internet Explorer may fail to delete Temporary Internet files,
    even if the advanced option to Empty Temporary Internet Files folders
    when browser ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814782 - Similar pages
    [ More results from support.microsoft.com ]
    Temporary Internet Files
    You can manually delete the contents of Temporary Internet Files folder
    (explained here) but this will not erase all traces of the pages because
    a special ...
    www.milincorporated.com/a-temporary-internet-files.html - 19k - Cached -
    Similar pages
    How To: Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
    deltree tempor~1 deltree history deltree temp Remove the bootdisk and
    restart (Ctrl-Alt-Del). Win98 users that need to delete the Temporary
    Internet Files ...
    www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
    Temporary Internet Files. Delete Temporary Internet Files ...
    Temporary Internet Files (or cache) folder contains web page content
    that is stored ... Windows temporary directory (Temp folders) stores
    Windows and other ...
    www.clearallhistory.com/delete-temporary-internet-files-deleting.html -
    39k - Cached - Similar pages

    www.google.com
    Content.IE5

    How do I delete the files in Content.IE5 folder? - F-PROT ...
    This document contains detailed instructions on how to delete all files
    in Content.ie5 folder.
    www.f-prot.com/support/windows/fpwin_faq/122.html - 14k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    The 2nd URL for that hit is unexpected.

    Other hits are,
    Cannot see Content.IE5 in Temporary Internet Files - TechSpot ...
    [vb Sitemap] Cannot see Content.IE5 in Temporary Internet Files Windows
    OS.
    www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-31205-Cannot-see-ContentIE5-in-Temporary-Internet-Files.html
    - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

    Content.IE5 - Lost Folder XP Home - Windows BBS
    I know it is not impossible to get the Content.IE5 folder and 4 x
    alpha-numerical folders back again, but I need some specific guidance
    please. ...
    www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=33984 - 108k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    www.google.com
    Content.IE5 xp home

    Content.IE5 - Lost Folder XP Home - Windows BBS
    Intermediate - so I thot! Become a Contributing Member! Content.IE5 -
    Lost Folder XP Home ...
    www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=33984 - 108k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    stevengould.org :: View topic - Index Dat Spy ignores Content.IE5
    Since Content.IE5 is the culprit that has been causing most of my grief,
    .... Windows XP home has always hid the child folders pretty well. ...
    http://forums.stevengould.org/viewtopic.php?p=1212&sid=b15f46c6bb4b9b2b85de48b7403d93a6
    - 28k - Cached - Similar pages
    Windows XP: Windows XP - content.ie5 file
    Ask a question about Windows XP ... Installation and maintenance of
    home/business networks and small ... Subject: Windows XP - content.ie5
    file Question ...
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Windows-XP-3282/Windows-XP-content-ie5.htm -
    21k - Cached - Similar pages
    Cannot access email attachment - Tech Support Guy Forums
    I use Windows XP Home EdiIion. I know this sounds a strange thing to
    want to do but for ... 'Content.IE5' is not there. In fact there are no
    folders at all. ...
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/373710-cannot-access-email-attachment.html
    - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

    Time for more searching and reading.

    Me
    why?, Apr 14, 2007
  9. katie

    katie Guest

    To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    redemption of ignorance except all
    who were being so high and mighty.............get a
    life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    katie, Apr 14, 2007
  10. katie

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:37:01 -0400, katie wrote:

    > To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    > such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    > redemption of ignorance except all
    > who were being so high and mighty.............get a
    > life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > katie wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    >> charge me
    >> In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary
    >> internet
    >> files
    >> the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5
    >> Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File
    >> This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    >> could help...
    >> When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0
    >> any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    >> service pack 2

    > What you've described seems normal. As others have noted, perhaps if you
    > were to mention what the *problem* is, you'd get better answers.

    What??? Still no clarification? That's unforgivable.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Apr 14, 2007
  11. katie wrote:

    >To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    >such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    >redemption of ignorance except all
    >who were being so high and mighty.............get a
    >life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    <sigh>
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Apr 14, 2007
  12. katie

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:20:34 -0400, katie wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who didn't
    > charge me

    So far so good. An unspecified problem and a long, free chat with a guy on
    the phone about nothing in particular.

    > In both Local Settings.....and in IE6 with option to view temporary internet
    > files
    > the only thing that shows up is Content.IE5

    And this is a problem because............?

    > Opened it and all there was were four empty folders and a DAT File

    And this is a problem because............?

    > This happened about three days ago....like I said the Microsoft tech
    > could help...

    He could help with what? Help you with your loneliness by having a two
    hour chinwag? If not, what?

    > When I do a disk cleanup, the temporary folder shows 0

    0 what? And where?

    > any help will be most appreciated I have windows xp Home edition with
    > service pack 2

    No problem specified so no help required.

    > Thanks

    No, thank YOU and have a nice day.

    Aardvark, Apr 14, 2007
  13. Apu Nahasapeemapetilon wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>katie wrote:
    >>> Hi I have a problem that even spending 2 hrs with a Microsoft tech who
    >>> didn't charge me

    >>Yes, yes, go on. I can't wait to see how this sentence and thought
    >>ends.

    > I didn't know that M$ moved into the gigolo arena.

    Why not? They've been f**king people for years.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 14, 2007
  14. katie wrote:
    > To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    > such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    > redemption of ignorance except all
    > who were being so high and mighty.............get a
    > life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well, *that's* going to get you a lot of help.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 14, 2007
  15. katie wrote:
    > To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    > such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    > redemption of ignorance except all
    > who were being so high and mighty.............get a
    > life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    katie, you are obviously a little new to newsgroups. It will do no good
    to expect or demand that people be all nicey-nice, ain't going to
    happen. What will help is to have a thick skin and don't let the jibes
    get to you. And try to be specific in describing what it is you want
    help with. I could make some guesses at what it is you're wanting to
    accomplish, but why guess? Just spell it out, or as Joe Friday would
    say, "Just the facts, ma'am."
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 15, 2007
  16. katie

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:37:01 -0400, "katie" <> wrote:

    >To all those high and mighty ignorant and rude people who left
    >such sarcastic remarks........I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the
    >redemption of ignorance except all
    >who were being so high and mighty.............get a

    Ignorance is bliss.
    Evan Platt, Apr 15, 2007