Cannot view/access new laptop shared folder on network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by T5, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. T5

    T5 Guest

    Hi,
    I have a small home network, 3 PC's and 2 laptops

    The setup is as follows

    Host PC running xp pro connected via ethernet cable to wireless router modem

    Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    Host = 192.168.1.2
    Client PC linked to gateway via usb hub using ethernet cable = 192.168.1.3
    (media centre 2005)
    client PC connected wirelessley via wireless USB adapter = 192.168.1.4 (xp
    Home)

    Client Laptop (mobile) = 192.168.1.5 (xp Home)
    client Laptop (mobile) = 192.168.1.6 (xp Home)

    The problem is that laptops can be viewed under workgroup computers from any
    of the pc's but I cannot access the shared folders on either laptop from the
    pc's, so file transfer is impossible.

    I can ping the gateway from both laptops but I cannot ping the laptops from
    the host pc, I get a timed out message.

    also when i run ipconfig from the laptops under node type i get unknown.

    Can anybody give me any assistance in this matter

    TIA

    T5, Mar 17, 2006

  2. T5

    Jack Guest

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    Jack, Mar 17, 2006

  3. T5

    T5 Guest

    Thanks a lot Jack very helpful

    T5, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Try turning the firewalls off on all PCs. If they can then see each other's
    shared folders, configure your firewalls to "trust" the connected PCs and
    then turn the firewalls back on.

    It worked for me !!

    Peter C

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQw==?=, Mar 20, 2006