    properties, either. When I choose "repair" it says windows cannot repair
    because it can no longer connect. Im really confused as to why this is
    happening after the upgrade I did. Please help if you can. Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?ZHNnaGlja3M=?=, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Many laptop wireless comes with a wireless On/Off button. Since you don't see the have the signal icon, it may be off.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "dsghicks" <> wrote in message news:...
    Yesterday, I upgraded my Dell Laptop to XP SP2. After I did that, my wireless
    connection was fine and I used it for quite a while. Then, last night my son
    was watching a dvd on my laptop. I right clicked the signal icon (in the
    lower right tray) and chose to disable the connection for the time being.
    Usually when I do this, I can just go back to it and click enable and it
    works fine. This time, there is no longer a signal icon in the tray, and i
    cannot seem to get wireless anymore. There is no longer a wireless tab for
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Sep 12, 2007

  3. Any suggestions on how to turn it back on? Ive looked all over. Also, if I
    uninstall the sp2 update, will that bring me back to where I was before the
    update? Thanks for your reply!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHNnaGlja3M=?=, Sep 12, 2007
  4. There should be a wireless on-off switch on the laptop. Some are located on
    top (the side you work on), or sometimes on the side. If you can't find it,
    please provide as many details as you can on the laptop (i,e. Model #,
    etc.).

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

    Curt Christianson, Sep 12, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZHNnaGlja3M=?=

    Jim Guest

    "Curt Christianson" <> wrote in message

    > There should be a wireless on-off switch on the laptop. Some are located
    > on
    > top (the side you work on), or sometimes on the side. If you can't find
    > it,
    > please provide as many details as you can on the laptop (i,e. Model #,
    > etc.).
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > Curt
    >
    > Windows Support Center
    > www.aumha.org
    > Practically Nerded,...
    > http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm
    >
    > "dsghicks" <> wrote in message
    > | Any suggestions on how to turn it back on? Ive looked all over. Also, if
    > | uninstall the sp2 update, will that bring me back to where I was before
    > the
    > | update? Thanks for your reply!
    > |
    > | "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
    > |
    > | > Many laptop wireless comes with a wireless On/Off button. Since you
    > don't see the have the signal icon, it may be off.
    > | >
    > | > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > | > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > | > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > | > "dsghicks" <> wrote in message
    > | > Yesterday, I upgraded my Dell Laptop to XP SP2. After I did that, my
    > wireless
    > | > connection was fine and I used it for quite a while. Then, last
    > night
    > my son
    > | > was watching a dvd on my laptop. I right clicked the signal icon (in
    > the
    > | > lower right tray) and chose to disable the connection for the time
    > being.
    > | > Usually when I do this, I can just go back to it and click enable
    > and
    > it
    > | > works fine. This time, there is no longer a signal icon in the tray,
    > and i
    > | > cannot seem to get wireless anymore. There is no longer a wireless
    > tab
    > for
    > | > properties, either. When I choose "repair" it says windows cannot
    > repair
    > | > because it can no longer connect. Im really confused as to why this
    > is
    > | > happening after the upgrade I did. Please help if you can

    On my laptop (Inspiron 6000 with Intel adapter) it is called the radio
    button. Be aware that there may be a software button and a hardware button,
    and both must be turned on.

    The software button (on my system) can be seen by right clicking the
    wireless icon in systray. I would need to break out the manual to find the
    hardware button.

    Jim

    Jim
    Jim, Sep 12, 2007
  6. Thanks Jim, I've never owned a laptop <g>

    --

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    | On my laptop (Inspiron 6000 with Intel adapter) it is called the radio
    | button. Be aware that there may be a software button and a hardware
    button,
    | and both must be turned on.
    |
    | The software button (on my system) can be seen by right clicking the
    | wireless icon in systray. I would need to break out the manual to find
    the
    | hardware button.
    |
    | Jim

    | |

    Curt Christianson, Sep 12, 2007
  7. I'm having the same problem, but only at my home. When I'm elsewhere, it all
    connects. At my house, I get "window cannot config" and can't even get a
    "wireless networks" tab on Network Connections.

    Any ideas on what I can do?

    dianne

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbm5l?=, Sep 20, 2007