Cannot upgrade Google Earth cannot find {18D3ED9E-183C-4C00-B333-FB0C2FAE8B0F}

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joewo, Oct 7, 2007.

  1. joewo

    joewo Guest

    I have Google Earth v 4.1.7087.5048 beta in XP and it works just fine.
    I cannot upgrade to the latest version since I get an error as it
    looks for the folowing unsuccessfully

    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{18D3ED9E-183C-4C00-B333-FB0C2FAE8B0F}\

    I point the file manager box to the location I have GoogeEarth.msi and
    I fail with the message that this is not a valid installation package
    for Google Earth try to find the installation package"Goofle
    Earth.msi" in a folder from which you can install Google Earth.

    I move the GoogleEarth.msi to the Program Files folder where Google
    Earth is located along with the program files and the install fails.

    Then I hit cancel and get an error 1714 stating the older version of
    Google Earth cannot be removed and to contact my technical support
    group.

    I have tried to use Control Panel to remove it and got the following
    message that it failed to find the installer here

    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{18D3ED9E-183C-4C00-B333-FB0C2FAE8B0F}\

    help-
    thanks!

    joewo, Oct 7, 2007

  2. joewo

    Larry Guest

    joewo wrote:
    > I have Google Earth v 4.1.7087.5048 beta in XP and it works just fine.
    > I cannot upgrade to the latest version since I get an error as it
    > looks for the folowing unsuccessfully
    >
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{18

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

    Install and run. Remove the existing Google Earth. Reboot. Try the new
    version.

    Larry, Oct 7, 2007

  3. joewo

    Plato Guest

    joewo wrote:

    > I have Google Earth v 4.1.7087.5048 beta in XP and it works just fine.
    > I cannot upgrade to the latest version since I get an error as it
    > looks for the folowing unsuccessfully
    >
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{18D3ED9E-183C-4C00-B333-FB0C2FAE8B0F}\

    It's always an excellent idea to delete all temp/tmp files whenever you
    remember to do so, expecailly if you are having a problem with a
    software intall.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 7, 2007
  4. joewo

    joewo Guest

    Ah that little Microsoft install removal program!!!!!
    I hate it when i forget those good little gems. I had that program on
    my computer already. Doh!
    thanks!

    joewo, Oct 9, 2007