    I just posted this on software but thought maybe I should post it here also.
    I had a HP OfficeJet K80xi printer installed on my XP and when I upgraded to Vista then wanted to replace the printer I was unable to completely install my new HP OfficeJet J6450 because the K80xi won't completely uninstall. I contacted HP tech support and they worked with me for 3 1/2 the first night then a level 2 tech for 3 hours the second night. They then referred me to their engineering department who said this was a know fault with them. They claim Microsoft has locked them out of the area that would have allowed them to remove the driver in question. They say the only option I have is to re format my hard drive then reinstall XP and then Vista again. This they claim is the only way to delete the old driver.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions because that is an awful lot of work and the possibility of losing valued info is great.

    Bugsb, Jun 23, 2008

  2. Bugsb

    rstaynings

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Buy a MAC!

    You must be one of only very few people who are going from XP to Vista - everyone else seems to be going the other way! i.e. they buy a new machine that comes preloaded with Vista, play with it for a week then upgrade to XP to get double the performance and a system that actually works!

    Microsoft has sold more copies of XP since Vista came out than in the four years previous! Apple has more than doubled their sales largely as a result of the failure of Vista.

    Net, net - get rid of Vista and install XP on your PC - or if you feel like a challange install and configure Leopard to work on it - you don't really need a MAC. (See other forums if you want to know how.)

    rstaynings, Aug 12, 2008

  3. Bugsb

    KnowNothing

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Have you tried using CCleaner? You can get it at www.ccleaner.com
    It does a very good of cleaning out remaining pieces of programs.

    KnowNothing, Aug 17, 2008