    wont let the other computer access the internet. Any ideas please?
    --
    Thanks alot rossj
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9zc2o=?=, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Ross,

    You should enable "Internet Connection Sharing" from the PC which has the
    internet connection. This will allow the other system to connect through
    this system and to the internet.
    Please read this Support article for more information:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/ics.mspx

    In general the Knowledge Base articles are very helpful if you have a
    problem with the configuration or use of a certain product/feature.
    Regarding ICS, these can be found like this:

    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=Internet COnnection Sharing

    --
    Brian Wehrle

    Software Test Engineer/Wireless Networking
    Microsoft Corp.

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Dec 18, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cm9zc2o=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    There are variety of ways to have a Network and share the Internet, the
    nature of the precise setting depends on how the whole system look like.
    The content of the following links will provide you with a tutorial about
    the issue. It is short and to the point.
    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -
    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -
    The pages above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices and
    Brand recommendations. The principles however are still the same.
    Connection Diagram With Cable/DSL Router:
    http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg
    Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Dec 18, 2004