    again? Someone out there must have experienced this.
    --
    Bill

    =?Utf-8?B?QiBEYXZpcw==?=, Feb 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QiBEYXZpcw==?=

    Malke Guest

    B Davis wrote:

    > I did a clean install of XP then installed SP2. I had to uninstall SP2
    > to complete part of what I needed to do then I reinstalled SP2. After
    > I installed SP2 the first time I checked the WiFi setup and saw the
    > option for setting WPA encription but didn't setup the wireless
    > network at that time. After reinstallinf SP2 I attempted to set up the
    > wireless using WPA but that option no longer existed. I downloaded and
    > attempted to install the Windoews XP Support Patch for Wi-Fi Protected
    > Access but it only works on SP1.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea how to fix XP SP2 so the WPA option is
    > available again? Someone out there must have experienced this.

    Does your hardware support WPA? This isn't a Windows limitation, but
    that of the hardware. Both the wireless router and the wireless adapter
    must support WPA. If they don't or only one component does, then use
    WEP.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Make sure you have the latest firmware on your wireless router and the
    latest driver for your client installed.

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Thanks for your replys and suggestions. I should have included more info in
    the original post.
    The hardware does support and was being used with this laptop using WPA. The
    only thing that changed was installing a new hard drive and installing the
    OS.

    I will check into a updated driver for the built-in wireless on the laptop.

    Any other suggestions are welcome. For now I went back to using WEP.

    =?Utf-8?B?QiBEYXZpcw==?=, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Robert
    I just got the WPA working again. Thanks for your suggestion as it prompted
    me to download and install latest update for the built-in wireless port. I
    then configured my wireless AP back to WPA and it works fine.
    Bill

    =?Utf-8?B?QiBEYXZpcw==?=, Feb 9, 2005
  6. Glad to hear your up and working......

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 9, 2005