    use the internet. I have no clue how I can do that since I have an error
    that no devices are found when trying to search for network from network
    connections. Both PC & laptop have Win. XP pro installed. Any ideas?

    Panchi, Jul 7, 2007

  2. Panchi

    Macroman Guest

    You could have Mac Address filtering on and if so you need to add the Mac
    address of your laptop to the list on your Router settings. If you do not
    have a manual click this link to identify your router from the Linksys
    website.

    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=4139637314B03.

    To access your router you need to enter the routers IP address in your web
    browser usually 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1
    To identify your laptop Mac address goto Start,Run enter CMD press enter or
    click ok, and you will have the DOS screen.
    Type in IPCONFIG/ALL and press enter.
    On the results for your laptop wireless adapter it will show physical
    address, something like 00-00-b2-67-8h-9t.

    It would also be a good idea to set up a password on your router and also
    implement the security, it will be one of the links on the left.
    Also check the wireless adapter network option and make sure it is obtaining
    it's IP address automatically, goto Properties of wireless connection,
    select the Internnet Protocol and view the properties of that

    This all will be covered in the manual if you have one or the downloadable
    manual for your router from the LinkSYS website.

    Good Luck

    Macroman

    Macroman, Jul 7, 2007

  3. Hi

    You have to describe more clearly how the connection is done now.

    1. The PC’s Internet connection is to what, and how?

    2. The Laptop has wireless capacity?

    3. The USB Wireless is an additional network card to the desktop that has
    already wire connection?

    In general the best stable, secure solution involves getting a Wireless
    Cable/DSL Router, and creating a wire/wireless Network around it.

    Looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 7, 2007