    and both pc have the same workgroup name "WORKGROUP'. The printer is
    connected to the first pc and I can print .There is no mistake in the name of
    the printer. Please help.

    ramwood600, Mar 2, 2008

  2. ramwood600 <> wrote:
    > Trying to setup a remote printer. At the remote pc, Control
    > Panel>Printer&Fax>add a printer>browse for a printer>"Microsoft
    > windows network>'epson" click next... givesa message that it cannot
    > connect to the printer. Question why? The remote pc can connect ot
    > the internet wirelessly and both pc have the same workgroup name
    > "WORKGROUP'. The printer is connected to the first pc and I can print
    > .There is no mistake in the name of the printer. Please help.

    Make sure you:

    .....shared the printer on the first PC
    .....enabled file/printer sharing and allowed it through the firewall
    .....on the 2nd PC, try opening \\computername (for the first PC) and see if
    your shares are visible
    .....if they are, and you can see the printer share, right-click / connnect.

    Note that your question doesn't really pertain to wireless networking at
    all, even if this is wireless....so I'd suggest you post further questions
    or followups in microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 3, 2008