Cannot set SSID

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Eric, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    hi all,

    I am currently writing code for an application on PPC 2003, and I have one
    small, but serious problem for wireless connections. My application will
    allow user to scan and find APs and PCs with 802.11 card, and connect one of
    them. My code works well when scan the network: it will return a correct
    list. When I try to establish a connection (I only tested ad-hoc connection
    so far), it has following problems:

    1) if I turn WZC on, it cannot connect to desired computer (or ad-hoc
    network);
    2) if I turn WZC off, it does connect to the computer, but I cannot send msg
    to that computer with Winsock 16 seconds after the connection.

    The following is the steps for connection:

    1) set network infrastructure mode (OID_802_11_INFRASTRUCTURE_MODE)
    2) Set authentication mode to
    Ndis802_11AuthModeOpen(OID_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE);
    3) set WEP status to Ndis802_11WEPDisabled(OID_802_11_WEP_STATUS);
    4) set ssid (OID_802_11_SSID);

    Is there any errors? Thanks.....

    Eric, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Are you releasing/renewing DHCP?

    -BB

    Benoît Bousquet, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    this might be the point. I will try that.. but which case are you refering
    to? WZC on or off?

    Eric, Jul 26, 2004
  4. My experiences are limited to PCs running XP/2000 and sending NDIS requests
    from a filter driver. Everything started behaving properly once I disabled
    WZC. But, obviously, you have to release/renew DHCP on the adapter once you
    associate to a new AP or you'll keep trying to use the IP that was given to
    you by the previous AP's DHCP server.

    -BB

    Benoît Bousquet, Jul 26, 2004