    Dr. Doug Pruiett
    Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
    www.goodnewsjail.org
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcGxhaW4gRG91Zw==?=, Aug 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcGxhaW4gRG91Zw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Chaplain Doug wrote:

    > Windows XP. When I am trying to setup on a laptop the properties for a
    > connection to our office wireless router, I am unable to set Network
    > Authentication to WPA-PSK and Data encryption to TKIP. The only
    > selections I am given are "Open" and "Shared" for authentication and "WEP"
    > or "Disabled"
    > for encryption. What do I need to do to get the other selctions I need?
    > Thanks.

    Your laptop's wireless adapter doesn't handle WPA. It is probably an older
    laptop. Check on the wireless adapter mftr.'s website for a firmware update
    for the wireless card (or on the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific
    model laptop if the wireless is built-in and not a separate card).

    If no updates are available, then purchase a pc card wireless adapter. All
    the current ones will do WPA.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Thanks for the information Malke. God bless.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcGxhaW4gRG91Zw==?=, Aug 16, 2006