Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lynn Masters, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Lynn Masters

    Lynn Masters Guest

    Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.
    The screen is frozen.
    I have the latest IE

    I do not know why this is happening.

    None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in
    Yahoo mail using IE.

    I can Netscape and I can send mail using Yahoo.

    But I need to use IE because Yahoo has an advanced editor -Color,
    graphics, fonts, bold etc only on IE

    Yahoo does not offer the color and graphics feature for Netscape
    browsers.

    can anyone help ? I am NOT technical.

    Thanks
    Lynn

    PS I use Comcast cable connection.

    Lynn Masters, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Lynn Masters

    Unk Guest

    On 21 Jul 2004 10:59:38 -0700, (Lynn Masters)
    wrote:

    >Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.
    >The screen is frozen.
    >I have the latest IE
    >
    >I do not know why this is happening.
    >
    >None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in
    >Yahoo mail using IE.
    >
    >I can Netscape and I can send mail using Yahoo.
    >
    >But I need to use IE because Yahoo has an advanced editor -Color,
    >graphics, fonts, bold etc only on IE
    >
    >Yahoo does not offer the color and graphics feature for Netscape
    >browsers.
    >
    >can anyone help ? I am NOT technical.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Lynn
    >
    >PS I use Comcast cable connection.

    Yahoo requires javascript. Windows no longer supports Java but
    Netscape comes bundled with Sun's version.
    Download the last version of MS Java Virtual Machine (version 5.0.3810)
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...l/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe

    That should solve your problem.

    Unk, Jul 21, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 21
    Jul 2004 10:59:38 -0700, (Lynn Masters)
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.
    >The screen is frozen.
    >I have the latest IE
    >
    >I do not know why this is happening.
    >
    >None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in
    >Yahoo mail using IE.
    >
    >I can Netscape and I can send mail using Yahoo.
    >
    >But I need to use IE because Yahoo has an advanced editor -Color,
    >graphics, fonts, bold etc only on IE
    >
    >Yahoo does not offer the color and graphics feature for Netscape
    >browsers.
    >
    >can anyone help ? I am NOT technical.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Lynn
    >
    >PS I use Comcast cable connection.

    What OS are you using? If you're using Windows ME or Windows XP,
    simply go back to a system restore point before the problem started
    occuring.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jul 21, 2004
  4. Lynn Masters

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:15:19 -0400, in
    <>
    Unk scrawled:

    >On 21 Jul 2004 10:59:38 -0700, (Lynn Masters)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.
    >>The screen is frozen.
    >>I have the latest IE
    >>
    >>I do not know why this is happening.
    >>
    >>None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in
    >>Yahoo mail using IE.
    >>
    >>I can Netscape and I can send mail using Yahoo.
    >>
    >>But I need to use IE because Yahoo has an advanced editor -Color,
    >>graphics, fonts, bold etc only on IE
    >>
    >>Yahoo does not offer the color and graphics feature for Netscape
    >>browsers.
    >>
    >>can anyone help ? I am NOT technical.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Lynn
    >>
    >>PS I use Comcast cable connection.

    >Yahoo requires javascript. Windows no longer supports Java but
    >Netscape comes bundled with Sun's version.

    Java and javascript are two separate entities.
    Yahoo email doesn't require Java.

    >Download the last version of MS Java Virtual Machine (version 5.0.3810)
    >http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...l/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
    >
    >That should solve your problem.

    Nope.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Lynn Masters

    °Mike° Guest

    Use Netscape, and start here:

    Next, download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    On 21 Jul 2004 10:59:38 -0700, in
    <>
    Lynn Masters scrawled:

    >Cannot send mail using Yahoo with IE.
    >The screen is frozen.
    >I have the latest IE
    >
    >I do not know why this is happening.
    >
    >None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in
    >Yahoo mail using IE.
    >
    >I can Netscape and I can send mail using Yahoo.
    >
    >But I need to use IE because Yahoo has an advanced editor -Color,
    >graphics, fonts, bold etc only on IE
    >
    >Yahoo does not offer the color and graphics feature for Netscape
    >browsers.
    >
    >can anyone help ? I am NOT technical.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Lynn
    >
    >PS I use Comcast cable connection.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Lynn Masters

    Lynn Masters Guest

    If I use System Restore will I lose all my files and documents etc
    since this problem occurred which is about 6 weeks ago.

    Lynn Masters, Jul 22, 2004
  7. Lynn Masters

    °Mike° Guest

    No, system restore does not affect your documents.

    On 22 Jul 2004 15:47:05 -0700, in
    <>
    Lynn Masters scrawled:

    >If I use System Restore will I lose all my files and documents etc
    >since this problem occurred which is about 6 weeks ago.
    >

    >Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <>

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance