    controls unless I buy their protection. Anyhelp from anyone I sure
    would appreciate.
    Patti

    Patti, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Patti wrote:
    > I just finally got Incredimail installed, I thought with no problems.
    > But any email address with sbcglobal or netzero comes back with "Mailer
    > Daemon. Both tell me this is a qmail. What is a "qmail?" and anyone
    > know how I can fix the problem. I can't seem to find junk mail
    > controls unless I buy their protection. Anyhelp from anyone I sure
    > would appreciate.
    > Patti

    Qmail is a message transport agent.
    It is the mail server software that moves email from one computer to
    another.
    What else does the message that comes back say?

    ::Your Name Here::, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Patti

    PC Guest

    "Patti" <> wrote in message
    >I just finally got Incredimail installed, I thought with no problems.
    > But any email address with sbcglobal or netzero comes back with "Mailer
    > Daemon. Both tell me this is a qmail. What is a "qmail?" and anyone
    > know how I can fix the problem. I can't seem to find junk mail
    > controls unless I buy their protection. Anyhelp from anyone I sure
    > would appreciate.
    > Patti

    Patti

    Do yourself and all the helpfull people in this group a favour and
    'DELETE/REMOVE/UNINSTALL' Incredimail.
    I've just been out to a '5 minute' job to reconnect someone's email.
    Their PC is now sitting in my workshop waiting for all the spyware/viruses
    and trojans to be removed.

    Guess what email program they were using!

    Hint it's spelt:

    I as in irritating
    N as in nauseous
    C as in crap
    R as in reprehensible
    E an in excrement
    D as in dodgy
    I as in invasive
    M as in malware
    A as in arrogant
    I as in irrelevant
    L as in loser

    Paul.

    PC, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Patti wrote:

    > I just finally got Incredimail installed,

    That was a misteak.

    I don't know anyone who wants to receive emails filled with
    bandwidth-wasting animated smiley attachments.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2006
  5. Patti

    Patti Guest

    It said" HI, this is the qmail send program at yahoo.com. I'm afraid I
    wasn't able to deliver your message to the following address. Permanent
    error, I've given up. Sorry, it didn't work out"
    Is it possible that the problem is on their end. I sent to a Hotmail
    add and it went to junk mail and had to reconfigure junk mail, HELP:-(

    Patti, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Patti

    Mike Easter Guest

    Patti wrote:
    > It said" HI, this is the qmail send program at yahoo.com. I'm afraid
    > I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following address.
    > Permanent error, I've given up. Sorry, it didn't work out"

    You could get that message if you were trying to send mail via a yahoo
    server, such as if you had a yahoo mail account in addition to your aol
    mail and connectivity in your news header here and your google groups
    account you are posting here with. There are other causes as well.

    That message could be given because the yahoo mailserver which your mail
    was using had gotten itself blocklisted, which yahoo mailservers are
    prone to do sometimes. The blocklisted condition of the yahoo server
    could cause your recipient's mailserver to reject the mail from that IP
    address, where an IP is a numeric dotted quad, not your email addy.

    Then, your yahoo mail provider's server's software which is qmail
    informs you that it couldn't complete the mail transaction. Ideally a
    fully informative delivery status notification - failed - would be
    telling you which is the recipient server which is rejecting the
    message, and which is the yahoo server whose mail is being rejected, and
    even which spamcontrol IP blocklist is being used to defend against
    spam.

    Earlier you said that you were having a problem with sbcglobal and
    netzero recipients -- so that would cause us/me to consider the
    possibility that the yahoo server is listed on one or more blocklists
    which are being used by one or more providers, such as sbc & netzero.

    AOL also uses antispam techniques which include transaction rejection to
    defend itself.

    > Is it possible that the problem is on their end.

    The problem can be on their end. The problem can even be a mailbox full
    condition or an address problem or a lot of different things. The
    message you posted was very sketchy. Sometimes you get an informative
    message, sometimes the analysis is trickier.

    > I sent to a Hotmail
    > add and it went to junk mail and had to reconfigure junk mail,

    I don't grok that information yet.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 27, 2006