    Both are running xp. I'm using a Netgear wireless router.

    Any suggestions?

    , May 16, 2007

  2. I would check the firewall first. or this troubleshooting may help,

    Access issues"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    <> wrote in message news:...
    I have a wired/wireless network with two computers: a desktop
    (computer A) and a laptop (computer B).

    Computer A cannot see the workgroup. I get a message like:

    "Workgroup Name" is not accessible. You may not have permission to use
    this network resource.

    I can ping A from B successfully, but I cannot ping B from A
    successfully. (I've never ran into this kind of situation before.
    Usually if one computer can ping another, then the reverse is also
    true.)

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], May 17, 2007