    I wonder what could be the reason here? I'm not a newbie, and have tried
    all I can think of.
    Thanks for comments.

    =?Utf-8?B?a3VydG0=?=, Oct 12, 2005

  2. For what its worth, are some of the laptops running different versions of
    firewall software? Ive just set up a wireless network with the machines
    running Norton Internet Security 2005. This blocks just about everything
    that you try to do as a default - everything must be added explicitly as
    trusted before one machine will even accept the existence of another on the
    network. Earlier versions may not have such strong blocks.

    For me, it looked as though the network did not exist, even when it was
    functioning properly - and it takes a while even for experienced people to
    work out as you assume that the fault must be in the network settings rather
    than third party software. Norton also allows you to set up machines as
    trusted within a specified number range - add one more that exceeds the range
    (and is automatically allocated when the lapton logs on) and that machine
    wont be seen.

    If this might be a problem for anyone out there, turn off Norton for a few
    minutes and see if you can then connect to the missing units.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2Vy?=, Oct 13, 2005