Cannot see wireless network in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?TXlzdGljYWxtdXNl?=, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. Please can someone help me because I am going mad...

    I have been using a wireless network connection with a DI 624+ router for 3
    weeks now and its been working perfectly well. For some reason I now cannot
    connect or see the network. That said, occasionally I can see the network and
    can connect but not for very long. The Wireless card i have is Broadcom
    802.11a/b/g WLAN model number BDM4311 (or BDM94311). There is another laptop
    in the house which has no problems connecting to network although this laptop
    uses a different wireless card and programme to access the network (Intel)
    whereas my PC uses the Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service on XP. I
    also have used another software programme which scans for networks which can
    see my network. I am at a loss as to what to do...
    This is what I have tried so far
    Rebooting the router, my PC, updating the firmware on the router, updating
    the broadcom driver, changing the configuration of the wireless card,
    disabling WPA, disabling WEP, adding an alternate IP address on the TCP/IP
    settings, stopping and starting the Wireless Zero configuration service and
    disabling the WZC managed ethernet option on the wireless card. HP have told
    me that the wireless card must be faulty but if so how come i can see it on
    Network stumbler?

    My PC are HP Compaq nx6325 Windows XP Service pack 2.

    I really do hope someone out there has the answer as this is turning into an
    obsession!

    Yours in hopefullness...
    Kirstie

    =?Utf-8?B?TXlzdGljYWxtdXNl?=, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Just to add, currently it is working again. If anyone else has a similar
    problem what I did was disable the Wireless Assistant at Startup, changed the
    channel on the router to 11 (same as default on broadcom wireless card) and
    disabled the other LAN network connections. I'm not sure how long this will
    work or whether this is a bit of a "cowboy" fix i've made up (i'm not very
    technically minded normally) so if any one has anything to add I'd be glad to
    hear it!
    Kirstie

    =?Utf-8?B?TXlzdGljYWxtdXNl?=, Nov 23, 2006