    other network users but it does not appear anywhere on my laptop network
    places. I can see the printer, but not this shared folder.

    Apologies if this is the wrong group.
    Zod, Jan 22, 2008

  2. Do you have a security software like Norton that may block the sharing? This
    search result may help.

    Vista cannot access othersVista: Can't see any computers in the Network ...
    Network discovery may beblocking you from seeing other computers and
    devices. To turn on th network . ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaaccess1.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE