    in the workgroup...pls help.
    I called D-Link and they said that the issue is with Microsoft because their
    equipment is working fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1wb2thbmUx?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Have you tried working your way through the troubleshooter at
    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm.
    I have problems with my network, but found a few helpful things out from
    this, and managed to get half my network working through it.

    Lindsay

    =?Utf-8?B?TGluZHNheQ==?=, Apr 24, 2006

  3. "fmpokane1" <> wrote in message
    >I have a T41 (IBM) laptop with integrated wireless. It shows that it
    > "connects" to the existing network, but neither the router (D-Link DI-624)
    > nor the IBM can ping each other. And the IBM cannot see the other
    > computers
    > in the workgroup...pls help.
    > I called D-Link and they said that the issue is with Microsoft because
    > their
    > equipment is working fine.

    First up, have you run the XP network setup wizard? You may well not have
    file sharing turned on but rather than confuse the issue, if you just read
    and follow the XP network setup wizard at each step, you shouldn't have any
    problems.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Zm1wb2thbmUx?=

    Socrates Guest

    The "connection" is just that - nothing more.

    You must run the network set up on both computers - then reboot - then select "view network Computers" Make sure that all computers have the same workgroup name.

    www.amw1.com/faq

    Socrates, Apr 25, 2006