Cannot see one of the computers on the network group

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. computers, A, B, C (a Laptop), and D (another Laptop). A is wired to a
    wireless router and connected to a printer. Since last week, I found out
    that while A, B, and C can see each other on the network group, and access
    each other’s shared files, D, the laptop, is not visible in the network group
    and A, B and C therefore cannot see D’s shared files.

    D can still access the internet through the router connected to A

    I have checked the configuration on D (Win XP Home), and cannot find
    anything wrong with it. Firewall has been disabled.

    Wireless diagnostic tool on D identified the problem with the wireless card
    as follows:

    IPAddress = 192.168.0.100 (FAILED)
    Pinging 192.168.0.100 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Ping statistics for 192.168.0.100:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    Both B, and C have wireless network cards and have no problems.

    From the event viewer error of computers B, and C. I got the following error
    message:

    “The master browser as received a server announcement from the computer D
    that believes that it is the master browser for the domain transport
    NetBt_Tcip [ E2A4A233-44ED-44A0-98. The master browser is stopped or an
    election is being forced.â€

    Can someone tell me whether it is a hardware (wireless card) problem or
    configuration problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=, Apr 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=

    Doug Simar Guest

    Did you make sure that your in the same subnet and ip address range and your
    Workgroup Name is the same on all machines. Also if you don't have a server
    and have windows xp there are permission issues to content with in which
    your'll have to have the same user/passwords on every machine to
    authenticate.

    Doug

    Doug Simar, Apr 3, 2007

  3. Hi
    Quote: "D can still access the internet through the router connected to A".
    Is that means that D is Not going directly to the Router? If so it needs
    special Bridging configuration with its Host.
    In general, successful Sharing involves some general consideration in
    Network settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -