    neighbour's network so I know the wireless part is connected.

    I have a MS Broadband base on the desktop and the MS 520 adapter on the
    laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?TXIuIEw=?=, Jan 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXIuIEw=?=

    Ken Wright Guest

    Are you broadcasting your SSID from your Access Point?

    --
    Regards
    Ken.......................

    "Mr. L" <Mr. > wrote in message
    > I recently installed SP2 on my desktop and laptop. Although the apps seem

    > be working fine, I can no longer connect my laptop to tmy home network.

    In

    Ken Wright, Jan 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXIuIEw=?=

    Malke Guest

    Mr. L wrote:

    > I recently installed SP2 on my desktop and laptop. Although the apps
    > seem to
    > be working fine, I can no longer connect my laptop to tmy home
    > network. In
    > fact, I can not even see my network on the list of networks. I can
    > see my neighbour's network so I know the wireless part is connected.
    >
    > I have a MS Broadband base on the desktop and the MS 520 adapter on
    > the laptop.

    Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Window Firewall. If you are not
    using a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet in
    Control Panel and make sure File & Printer Sharing is enabled on the
    Exceptions tab. If you are using a third-party firewall (and it was
    properly configured for file and printer sharing), go to the Windows
    Firewall applet and disable the WF. See if that helps.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers