    ip address and flushing the arp cache. All the other computers on my
    network work fine. What can I do. Thanks
    , Aug 13, 2006

  2. Hi
    It seems that your Network does not provide an IP to the clients.
    In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
    these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify
    If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
    functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 13, 2006

  3. Marian Gutu Guest

    Can you post more details? There is a DHCP that assigned your IP? Or you
    assigned manually? Can you "ping" the DNS and GW servers?

    --
    Marian Gutu

    MCP, MCSAs, MCSEs
    Be nice, society already sucks!