    desktop to the router with a wire it says the same message so it card be the
    wireless PCI card.

    Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    =?Utf-8?B?TXIgVA==?=, Nov 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgVA==?=

    Dave Guest

    "Mr T" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have recently setup a wireless network in my house with a desktop and
    > laptop connected to it. Until yesterday it was all working fine. But,
    > now
    > whenever I try to connect to the network with the desktop a get a message
    > saying that there is limited or no connectivity to the network and the
    > computer does not connected to the network. It says that the reason it
    > could
    > not connect was that IP address could not be renewed - the IP address is
    > assigned dynamically.
    >
    > The laptop still connects to the network fine. But even when I connect
    > the
    > desktop to the router with a wire it says the same message so it card be
    > the
    > wireless PCI card.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

    if the ip is assigned by your router (usually 192.168.*.* or 10.*.*.* type
    addresses) then either your router is confused and needs to be reset or
    someone is using your network that you don't know about and has taken that
    ip address from you... or it could be that the tcp/ip stack in the computer
    is stuck. i would try resetting the router first, then try manually doing a
    release and renew on the computer, then maybe manually assign a different ip
    address and see if you can get in that way and see if there is someone else
    using the old ip. then get the neighbor's kid to come in and fix it if all
    that fails.

    if the ip isn't one of those ranges then try asking your isp what's going
    on, maybe their router is confused and needs the same treatment.
    Dave, Nov 15, 2005