    requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.

    anyone have any ideas about what i can do?
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?dGVyZXNh?=, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Hi

    Check the Network configuration, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html

    If it looks OK.

    SP2 installs fresh security center that is On by default.
    Organize the Firewall (or Firewalls if you have an additional software
    Firewall) with the correct exceptions to make sure that nothing id blocking
    the connection. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    Did Not Help, you need to plug the computer with a Wire to the Router and
    check if the Wireless Router and the computer Wireless Client are configured
    to the same settings.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 15, 2007

  3. perhaps i should give a little more info: the wireless connection worked
    until the formatting...and no NEW software was added during the formatting
    (only the same old stuff). i set everything up (in terms out the wireless)
    exactly the same way i did when i installed the wireless.
    and i have turned off the windows firewall, but to no avail.
    sorry, i'm never sure how much info i need to give.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGVyZXNh?=, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Hi

    Did you check the existence of a Wireless Card in the Device Manger?

    There is a very hi probability that reinstallation of Windows does not
    include the drivers and the software that were installed originally with the
    Card. If this is so, the Card is not really installed and you have No
    Wireless, and you have to re-install the Card's software.

    This is a picture of the Device Manger you have to see under Network Adapter
    an installation of the Wireless (without the yellow!),
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/GhostNIC.jpg

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 15, 2007
  5. jack,
    yes, the wireless card does appear in the device manager.
    (i reinstalled the driver as soon as i formatted)
    also: i'm not sure if this can help or hinder, but i was connected to the
    internet after i had formatted. the connection problem occured after i
    installed sp2.
    thanks for all the help!
    teresa

    =?Utf-8?B?dGVyZXNh?=, Jan 16, 2007
  6. Hi

    The fact that you just reformat leads to an assumption that your Hardware is
    the same as before and thus capable to work.

    Otherwise, after reformatting every thing that is OS and software related is
    new.

    The OS would Not assume all the setting that was set during previous usage
    of the computer, it just configured to fresh default.

    What you need to find out what in specific is Not working right now
    regardless of the past.

    To do so, try to reconfigure the connection as though it is a new computer.
    Read the Wireless part of your manual.

    In addition, it might be that the Wireless Router and the computer do not
    match any more, and the Router needs to be reconfigured first.

    In such case, you need to plug the computer with a Wire to the Router and
    check if the Wireless Router and the computer Wireless Client are configured
    to the same settings.

    If such a task is beyond your technical capacity, you should seek
    professional computer service.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 16, 2007