Cannot relocate Wireless Networking Icon

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgU2NobWlkdA==?=, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Hi, I am new to networking and have probably mucked something up with my
    experimenting.

    I cannot find anywhere to reactivate wireless networks (the wireless network
    connection icon is not in Network connections)

    I am running a Dell laptop with a 10/100 Ether port, infra red port, 56k
    dialup and internal WiFi card. Wireless has worked before.

    Since then I have reinstalled WinXP Pro SP2 to a new hard drive, set up a
    DSL connection via Ethernet then USB and then a LAN via Ethernet so not sure
    if any of these actions have had an effect. I can disable but not delete the
    LAN icon.

    Also Device Manager shows "Network Controller" - Driver not installed.

    I am not sure where to start as I have checked to see that all the network
    drivers were installed off the Dell install disks. Could it be a problem with
    the number of NICs and a previous setup monopolising these? I have checked
    the recent postings for something similar and not sure whether to contact
    Dell or Microsoft. Hope someone can shed some light.

    Regards
    Wayne Schmidt

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgU2NobWlkdA==?=, Jan 18, 2005