    TFTP failed (return:-10 arg:0x1)

    I have tried other .bin files, but with no luck. Anybody know what I'm
    doing wrong?
    TheRogueX, Oct 19, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    TheRogueX <> wrote:
    >My company has recently received a used PIX 501 Firewall Version 6.3(3)
    >which we are wanting to configure and use on our network. I have so
    >far been unable to reset the password using the password recovery
    >procedures given to me by Cisco. When I attempt to download the
    >password recovery file (np63.bin) through tftp, it gives me the
    >following error:

    >tftp np63.bin@192.168.0.117 via 192.168.0.1
    >TFTP failed (return:-10 arg:0x1)

    I'll have to guess here, but the two most likely causes are:
    1) that the file is not in the default directory used by the tftp
    server; or
    2) that the file (and associated directories to that point) do not
    have permissions to be read by the tftp server process
    Walter Roberson, Oct 20, 2006

  3. You may wish to investigate:

    Password Recovery and AAA Configuration Recovery Procedure for the PIX

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide
    http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished-cisco-pix-firewalls.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680