    --
    Tumbleweed

    Remove my socks for email address
    Tumbleweed, Mar 7, 2004

  2. "Tumbleweed" <> wrote in message
    news:404b7c11$0$29708$...
    > I just got a new PC which comes with an inbuilt multi-format card

    reader.
    > (CBOX). It doesnt like my Lexar cards, but reads various other makes OK.
    > They are only two small cards (32Mb) so I might just stop using them,

    but if
    > anyone has an idea I'd welcome it. I have reformatted one, it made no
    > difference. When I put the card in the drive, it appears to see that
    > something is there as it asks me to insert a CF card!

    My immediate reaction is to say that the hardware, or the drivers, are
    faulty....

    David
    David J Taylor, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Tumbleweed

    Don Guest

    FWIW, I have seen a number of reports here in the past (not very recently)
    from people having similar trouble with Lexar cards in certain cameras. It
    could be a timing issue either in the Lexar cards or in the card reader,
    with one or the other being marginally CF compatible.

    Don

    Don, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Tumbleweed

    Nibbler Guest

    > I just got a new PC which comes with an inbuilt multi-format card reader.
    > (CBOX). It doesnt like my Lexar cards, but reads various other makes OK.
    > They are only two small cards (32Mb) so I might just stop using them, but

    if
    > anyone has an idea I'd welcome it. I have reformatted one, it made no
    > difference. When I put the card in the drive, it appears to see that
    > something is there as it asks me to insert a CF card!
    >
    > TIA
    > --
    > Tumbleweed
    >
    > Remove my socks for email address

    does it support 3 & 5 volt cards? older cards were 5v...
    Nibbler, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Tumbleweed

    Nibbler Guest

    "Bill Frank" <> wrote in message
    > "Nibbler" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tumbleweed" <> wrote in message
    > > > I just got a new PC which comes with an inbuilt multi-format card

    > reader.
    > > > (CBOX). It doesnt like my Lexar cards, but reads various other makes

    OK.
    > > > They are only two small cards (32Mb) so I might just stop using them,

    > but
    > > if
    > > > anyone has an idea I'd welcome it. I have reformatted one, it made no
    > > > difference. When I put the card in the drive, it appears to see that
    > > > something is there as it asks me to insert a CF card!
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > > --
    > > > Tumbleweed
    > > >
    > > > Remove my socks for email address
    > > >

    > > does it support 3 & 5 volt cards? older cards were 5v...

    > CF cards have always been able to operate at 3.3V and 5V. There were no
    > older 5V only CF cards. You must be thinking about SmartMedia.
    >
    > Bill Frank
    > CompactFlash Association

    If both were always in existence, then why do cards and readers now have
    both voltage specs?
    Nibbler, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Tumbleweed

    Bill Frank Guest