Cannot post in Google Groups :s

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Omar, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. Omar

    Omar Guest

    Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server? I
    tried yesterday and it sent a copy to my email, but today I realised
    it's not in the list and cannot even be located by searching. The post
    was as this

    Hi All,
    I am trying to use an Enterprise Custom Field for the Project
    Information which will have to be populated by resource names from the
    Enterprise Resource Pool. Is there anyone who knows the formula for
    this or any other way to achieve this?

    I opened the Enterprise Global, went to Customise Fields, and selected
    Custom Fields, Enterprise Text 1 under Project option. Clicked on
    Formula and put it as = [Resource Names] but it shows nothing in the
    field when I try to check it in any Project.

    Any advice?

    Regards and Thanks in advance,

    Omar
    Omar, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Omar

    Guest

    , Jul 19, 2007

  3. Omar

    ded Guest

    "Omar" <> wrote in message
    > Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server? I
    > tried yesterday and it sent a copy to my email, but today I realised
    > it's not in the list and cannot even be located by searching. The post
    > was as this

    They are appearing in usenet, but it seems google is 2 days behind.
    And it seems to be effecting all groups in Google, you'll just have to
    wait until google catches up.
    ded, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Omar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Omar wrote:

    > Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server?

    You mean microsoft.public.project.server - microsoft has 2 'o' in it.
    You cannot misspell the name of a newsgroup. The messages you are
    referring to are in the microsoft.public.project.server m.p.p.s
    newsgroup. You are choosing a poor way, googlegroups GG to post to a
    newsserver.

    The best way that you could use to post to an nntp newsserver such as
    msnews.microsoft.com would be to use a newsagent. This would provide a
    better interface than GG and does not require that your connectivity
    provider in Malaysia .my provide you with a news server.

    Your browser is IE Internet Explorer and it comes with mailuser agent OE
    which could be used with an nntp newsagent to post your message to this
    group as well. In order to post here, you would need to use a
    newsserver. There are many free newsservers in addition to very
    economical commercial ones.

    > The post
    > was as this

    It is not appropriate for you to be posting a message content here which
    belongs in the MS m.p.p.s group.

    > Any advice?

    You have a newsreader, OE. Use your newsreader to post to the MS
    newsserver for the newsgroup where your posts are now appearing.
    Get/find a usenet newsserver for posting messages in here.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2007