    I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc but
    firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides on
    websites.Here is one site that does not play videos http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    ian Whyte, Dec 6, 2006

  2. ian Whyte

    Moo Guest

    ian Whyte wrote:
    > I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc but
    > firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides on
    > websites.Here is one site that does not play videos http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    Works for me....

    Other sites like songpeople don't work very well.

    Moo, Dec 6, 2006

  3. ian Whyte

    Nobody Guest

    On 6 Dec 2006 12:19:52 GMT, ian Whyte <> wrote:

    >I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc but
    >firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides on
    >websites.Here is one site that does not play videos http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    Plays fine here as an .asf file... but the quality (excuse language)
    is bloody piss awful.

    Seems to be a vdeo filed from what you Brits call a "Mobile"... i.e.
    cell phone, and is a vid in "miniature".

    This is the info the clip generates in props:

    Windows Media Video V9
    294 x 240, 11.45 fps, 372 kbps (CBR)

    Nobody, Dec 8, 2006
  4. ian Whyte

    Karl S Guest

    On 6 Dec 2006 12:19:52 GMT, ian Whyte wrote:

    > I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc but
    > firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides on
    > websites.Here is one site that does not play videos http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    I wonder if Gweyneth Paltrow saw this Web site before she said "The British
    are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans"?

    Karl S, Dec 8, 2006
  5. ian Whyte

    Ian Whyte Guest

    Karl S <> wrote in

    > On 6 Dec 2006 12:19:52 GMT, ian Whyte wrote:
    >
    >> I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc
    >> but firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides
    >> on websites.Here is one site that does not play videos
    >> http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    > I wonder if Gweyneth Paltrow saw this Web site before she said "The
    > British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans"?

    You don't have to look at any website to know that.

    Ian Whyte, Dec 8, 2006
  6. ian Whyte

    Andy J. Guest

    ian Whyte wrote:
    > I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc but
    > firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides on
    > websites.Here is one site that does not play videos http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    To be fair not being able to use The Sun's site is no great loss.
    However, in the name of research, I've just tried with Firefox 2
    and it all works fine for me. What errors are you getting?

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

    Andy J., Dec 10, 2006
  7. ian Whyte

    Ian Whyte Guest

    "Andy J." <> wrote in

    > ian Whyte wrote:
    >> I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc
    >> but firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides
    >> on websites.Here is one site that does not play videos
    >> http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    > To be fair not being able to use The Sun's site is no great loss.
    > However, in the name of research, I've just tried with Firefox 2
    > and it all works fine for me. What errors are you getting?
    >
    > Andy J.

    I just used the Sun as an example, it will not play any videos on any
    websies.Firefox 2.0 will not recognise that I have Windows media player.When
    I click to play a video it says additional plugins are required to display
    all the media on this page.When I click to install the plugin it then says
    no suitable plugins found and gives me the option to do a manual download
    and takes me to The Windows media player 11 download page which I already
    have.I have tried re-installing both Firefox 2.0 and WMP 11 but it still
    does not recognise that I have WMP 11

    Ian Whyte, Dec 11, 2006
  8. ian Whyte

    Andy J. Guest

    Ian Whyte wrote:
    > "Andy J." <> wrote in
    >
    >> ian Whyte wrote:
    >>> I have all the plugins Quicktime,Windows Media player,Shockwave etc
    >>> but firefox still says plugins required when i try to play any vides
    >>> on websites.Here is one site that does not play videos
    >>> http://www.thesun.co.uk/

    >> To be fair not being able to use The Sun's site is no great loss.
    >> However, in the name of research, I've just tried with Firefox 2
    >> and it all works fine for me. What errors are you getting?
    >>
    >> Andy J.

    > I just used the Sun as an example, it will not play any videos on any
    > websies.Firefox 2.0 will not recognise that I have Windows media player.When
    > I click to play a video it says additional plugins are required to display
    > all the media on this page.When I click to install the plugin it then says
    > no suitable plugins found and gives me the option to do a manual download
    > and takes me to The Windows media player 11 download page which I already
    > have.I have tried re-installing both Firefox 2.0 and WMP 11 but it still
    > does not recognise that I have WMP 11

    Ah, sorry Ian I'm afraid I'll be no help here. I forgot to ask what
    OS you were using. I'm not very familiar with Windows. Maybe the info
    you've given will give someone else a hint though.

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

    Andy J., Dec 11, 2006