cannot play streaming audio

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXQgaA==?=, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. I am running Windows XP 64bit and I can not play streaming audio from the
    internet. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXQgaA==?=, Nov 16, 2005

  2. What audio hardware is in your box? Are you getting sound at all? Have you
    updated the driver?

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Which version of IE are you doing this under? If its the 64-bit version, its
    possible that the website might require a particular ActiveX Control that
    might not be available to IE 64-Bit. Try using Internet Explorer 32-bit. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXQgaA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you are using Windows Media player, you might check your network
    settings.

    John Barnes, Nov 16, 2005
  5. You are not giving any info about your system (hardware, drivers, connection
    type, etc.)
    Usually these things happen due to the (in)famous NVidia firewall and/or
    using Internet Explorer 64bit instead of 32bit.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005
  6. It could also be related to a missing audio codec.
    Download ffdshow (http://down.9down.com/freeware/ffdshow-20051115.rar) in
    order to install most of the audio/video decoders you will ever need.
    If you are dealing with Quicktime format files, download the freeware
    Quicktime Alternative from
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
    If you are dealing with RealMedia format files, download the freeware
    RealMedia Alternative from
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005
  7. You may also download the freeware multidecoder "ffdshow" from
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm.
    For RealMedia files decoding:
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
    For QuickTime files decoding: