    router nor any other address pass the router. From the switch, I am
    able to ping everything, everywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

    I do see all my routes when I do show ip route from my switch.
    h_bear, Aug 29, 2008

  2. h_bear

    fatman

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Paste your routes here so we can see.. and vlan configs.. or just run-conf of router and switch.
    fatman, Aug 29, 2008

  3. h_bear

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 28, 9:54 pm, h_bear <> wrote:
    > I have a router connected to corporate network then a 3560 switch. I
    > configured a VLAN with ip address 10.1.2.1/24. I configured fa0/1 with
    > ip address 200.1.1.2/24 (same subnet as my router). I set my default
    > route for my switch to be the ip of my router address.
    >
    > I set up my client with 10.1.2.2/24 but am unable to ping neither my
    > router nor any other address pass the router. From the switch, I am
    > able to ping everything, everywhere. Am I doing something wrong?
    >
    > I do see all my routes when I do show ip route from my switch.

    Are you nating? Else how does the internet know how to get back to a
    internal ip address?
    Trendkill, Aug 29, 2008
  4. h_bear

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 29, 6:11 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 9:54 pm, h_bear <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a router connected to corporate network then a 3560 switch. I
    > > configured a VLAN with ip address 10.1.2.1/24. I configured fa0/1 with
    > > ip address 200.1.1.2/24 (same subnet as my router). I set my default
    > > route for my switch to be the ip of my router address.

    > > I set up my client with 10.1.2.2/24 but am unable to ping neither my
    > > router nor any other address pass the router. From the switch, I am
    > > able to ping everything, everywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

    > > I do see all my routes when I do show ip route from my switch.

    > Are you nating?  Else how does the internet know how to get back to a
    > internal ip address?

    And the router needs to have a route to the new subnet via the l3
    switch interface.
    Trendkill, Aug 29, 2008
  5. h_bear

    woni Guest

    Trendkill wrote:
    > On Aug 29, 6:11 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Aug 28, 9:54 pm, h_bear <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have a router connected to corporate network then a 3560 switch. I
    >>>configured a VLAN with ip address 10.1.2.1/24. I configured fa0/1 with
    >>>ip address 200.1.1.2/24 (same subnet as my router). I set my default
    >>>route for my switch to be the ip of my router address.

    >>>I set up my client with 10.1.2.2/24 but am unable to ping neither my
    >>>router nor any other address pass the router. From the switch, I am
    >>>able to ping everything, everywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

    >>>I do see all my routes when I do show ip route from my switch.

    >>Are you nating? Else how does the internet know how to get back to a
    >>internal ip address?

    > And the router needs to have a route to the new subnet via the l3
    > switch interface.

    Do you pass the config of your router and switch?
    woni, Aug 30, 2008
  6. h_bear

    h_bear Guest

    On Aug 29, 1:39 pm, woni <> wrote:
    > Trendkill wrote:

    > >>Are you nating?  Else how does the internet know how to get back to a
    > >>internal ip address?

    > > And the router needs to have a route to the new subnet via the l3
    > > switch interface.

    > Do you pass the config of your router and switch?- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks everyone. I put a route on my router back to the subnet on the
    vlan and it worked.
    h_bear, Aug 30, 2008