    MSHOME home error saying it is not accessible. Please help.

    Thanks
    RJP
    =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    try here:

    http://www.ezlan.net/

    mike

    "RJP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I am out of ideas on how to make my network work. Here is the

    layout.

    > Wireless router connected to a cable modem. Comp 1 running XP Home SP2
    > connected to the router via network cable. Comp 2 connected by wireless

    card
    > running XP home SP 2. I tried the home networking wizard and still

    nothing.
    > Please, if possible, give me step by step instructions on how these

    computers

    mikeFNB, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Ok. I kinda made some progress. That site helped me with some things. I
    can now see the computer I am using in My network places, along with my
    shared folders. However I cannot see the other computer. What should I try
    next? Thanks
    RJP

    =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=, Jan 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    good you made progress

    try here now:

    http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Hello. I looked at that site and I didn't see anything that pertained to my
    problem. My problem is both my computers, which are network, can see
    themselves in My network places but cannot see each other. What should I do?
    Thanks

    RJP

    =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=, Jan 5, 2005
  6. You should follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm on each PC.

    If you skip steps or take shortcuts, don't expect it to work.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Hello. I made some progress. The computer that is hard-wired into the
    router can see the other computer, but when clicked on it says it is not
    accessible. The computer that is wireless cannot see the other computer at
    all but can see its own files. When I try to view workgroup computers I get
    a MSHOME is not accessible. What can I do? I need this computers to be
    networked asap. Thanks for any help. RJP

    =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Please visit http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm to resolve this problem.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 7, 2005
  9. Hello. I have tried everything. Still nothing. My PC can see the laptop
    and itself but cannot access the laptop. The laptop can not see its shared
    files anymore and when clicking on "view network computers" i get the not
    accessible errror. What's wrong?

    RJP

    =?Utf-8?B?UkpQ?=, Jan 7, 2005
  10. Please contact me in email to discuss this is a more efficient manner.

    Carey Holzman, Jan 9, 2005