    past the point when my screen goes black when it restarts the video.
    Any help? I am running an Asus P5AD22 Deluxe mobo w/ a dual core Intel 3.6
    cpu.

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEY=?=, Aug 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEY=?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    What kind of graphics card? Have you tried using a different one for the
    install?

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Do you have an ATI graphics card? I've seen this with them. What you need to
    do - boot into safe mode. Not VGA, pure safe mode. Go to ATI, download the
    latest x64 drivers. Expand them to a temporary folder on another machine,
    and then burn them to CD. (If you have the ATI driver CD that came with your
    card, and it has 64 bit drivers, you can do it the easy way.) Then install
    the ATI drivers - you won't be able to actually "install" them - you'll have
    to go into the device manager, open up the display adapter(s), and highlight
    the primary display adapter. Select Update drivers, and then force it to
    install from the ATI 64bit driver section on the CD.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 18, 2006