    be looking for, can someone advise me further please. Or even an
    alternative to get her on line

    Alan

    Alan, Oct 30, 2003

  2. >From: "Alan"
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:49:28 +0000 (UTC)

    >This may not be the correct group to ask my question so if its not forgive
    >me.
    >
    >My daughters was told by her ISP that her PC has a virus. Her ISP (
    >NTLworld.com) said she had not updated her McAfee antivirus and firewall for
    >over a month and it had allowed in this virus. She is now unable to access
    >the internet at all and is told by NTLworld that someone else should go to
    >the McAfee website and down a DAT file and install it on my daughters PC to
    >remove the virus which will allow her to go back on-line. I've looked at
    >the McAfee site and find it difficult to locate what it is I'm supposed to
    >be looking for, can someone advise me further please. Or even an
    >alternative to get her on line
    >
    >Alan

    http://download.mcafee.com/us/

    click on "downloads"

    look for DAT

    :)

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Alan

    Wizard Guest

    You are looking for "superdats" or "sdats" but will only find them on
    the web for up to version 6. If you have 7 then you will need to go to
    ftp.mcafee.com/pub/antivirus/superdat/intel

    Wizard, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Yes, installing and running the superdat files seem to have sorted things
    out, she is back on line, thanks to everyone who responded to my request for
    help.
    Alan

    Alan, Oct 31, 2003